Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Irish Gigs (Rumours & Confirmed Events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

We Are Scientists are playing Cork on 25th July. Just got notification from venue on Facebook, can't see other dates but assume Dolans/Roisin Dubh/Whelans will be included.

Only 35e for 2 tickets too so great value gig at last

• Registered Users Posts: 38,409 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

https://www1.ticketmaster.ie/air-supply-dublin-12-05-2018/event/18005499D759B224

confused nothing on Air Supplys website or FB page

feck up by TM id say

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mushy wrote: »
    We Are Scientists are playing Cork on 25th July. Just got notification from venue on Facebook, can't see other dates but assume Dolans/Roisin Dubh/Whelans will be included.

They are playing the Academy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

50 Cent is coming to Dublin. The rapper has announced a 3Arena gig as part of his Get Rich Or Die Tryin' 15th Anniversary Tour.

He'll perform on Saturday September 22nd. You can pre-order tickets on 50 Cent's website

Frankie Cosmos playing in the Button Factory on Thursday August 23rd.

Tickets €15 + fees. On sale now

Missed the last gig in Whelans so looking forward to this. New album is good too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Mushy wrote: »

They are playing the Academy

Didn't realise that was this week. Am at Ben Folds as it is, but great to see they'll come back for more shows later.

One for the metal fans out there

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slayer-to-tour-europe-with-lamb-of-god-anthrax-and-obituary/

Appenrly a 3arena date is booked

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

PTH2009 wrote: »
    One for the metal fans out there

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slayer-to-tour-europe-with-lamb-of-god-anthrax-and-obituary/

Appenrly a 3arena date is booked

450455.png

Tickets

🤪

I'll be going to that

Tbh don't knw much about LOG or Obituary but like Anthrax and Slayer

Its going to be a pretty loud night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Probably wrong thread but, I've tickets to sell...

My band, Skyfever are playing Whelans on the 14th of June.

Tickets available here..
    http://www.whelanslive.com/index.php/skyfever/

Our recent single
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5-mx4CofVU

Phone clip from our recent gig in the Button Factory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqYCWBQhg-s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,569 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is there a 2019 thread yet?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is there a 2019 thread yet?

No I can set one up though ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Just been to Marmozets tonight, holy mother what a feckin gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,569 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

PTH2009 wrote: »
    No I can set one up though ?

Yes please thanks

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057872380/1/#post107008386

2019 thread. Will someone please put it as a sticky

I'm tempted to go see Car Seat Headrest in the Olympia tonight. Anyone see them last time they played Ireland? Trying to decide if it's worth it. Still standing and seats available.

Approximate stage times are as follows: Doors 7pm, support act Naked Giants on stage around 7.45pm with Car Seat Headrest on stage approximately 9pm. We expect this show to be finished around 10.30pm/10.45pm. Please note, these timings are subject to change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Hey lads I’ve ended up with tickets to Father John Misty and Broken Social Scene on the same night. Not being very familiar with either, which is more likely to be the better show? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Hey lads I’ve ended up with tickets to Father John Misty and Broken Social Scene on the same night. Not being very familiar with either, which is more likely to be the better show? Thanks.

I'm a big fan of BSS but would reckon most people would lean towards Father John Misty. His live shows (especially the indoor, non-festival shows) have been getting great reviews. For me, BSS is a pure nostalgia trip. Very energetic and very fun, though. Saw them at a festival last year and loved it. New album out since and I really like that too.

The Father John Misty show is likely to comprise largely of a new album which has yet to be released. Not sure if that's a factor for you if you're not familiar with him anyway but I know some people aren't as keen on that type of show!

As far as I know, Father John Misty is playing three shows - would you be able to swap your tickets for another night and catch both?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

FJM puts on quite an amazing and funny show.

He's one of the best frontmen i've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

FJM would be more likely to come over again quite soon however with a new album on the way while BSS haven't played in 10 years and are saying it'll be their last Irish show for quite a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Do they let you into a Father John Misty show if you don't have a beard?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I see the detestable cnuts in the ludicrously named bord gais energy theatre are also charging a "facility fee" now, copying the assholes in the olympia and 3arena. What is next, slitting your arm while putting on a wrist band and rubbing salt in it? and then charging a few euro for the salt...

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Looks like it might be already added onto the price so why the fcuk mention it, why not tag on toilet cleaners fees too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

lc180 wrote: »
    I'm tempted to go see Car Seat Headrest in the Olympia tonight. Anyone see them last time they played Ireland? Trying to decide if it's worth it. Still standing and seats available.

I went to that gig on Wednesday. I was fond of Car Seat Headrest before I went, now, after seeing them in the flesh I'd go as far to say they are excellent; I thought they were fantastic on the night. So many highlights: Bodys, Destroyed by Hippy Powers, belting out the chorus of Killer Whale and roaring along to the euphoric "I DON'T WANT TO GO INSAAAANE" part of Beach Life in Death.

Great bunch of lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭thegeezer

Zardoz wrote: »
    Hmm,you mustnt have been to many venues if you consider the 3Arena crap.
    Croke Park is top notch in comparison ,you must be trolling surely ?

I have been to most venues in Dublin, many in London, and in other major cities. The 3Arena is the most soulless venue I have ever had the misfortune to attend. If you honestly rate this place where you need a good pair of binoculars should you be unfortunate enough to be seated, then I suggest you try attending some of the smaller venues to sample some real atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

thegeezer wrote: »
    I have been to most venues in Dublin, many in London, and in other major cities. The 3Arena is the most soulless venue I have ever had the misfortune to attend. If you honestly rate this place where you need a good pair of binoculars should you be unfortunate enough to be seated, then I suggest you try attending some of the smaller venues to sample some real atmosphere.

For a large sized venue,the 3arena is one of the best I have attended due to the unique amphitheatre design.

You mention binoculars ,yet the nearest seat to the stage in Croke Park is further away than the back seats in the 3 Arena.
    The longest distance from the stage in the 3arena is 60 metres as opposed to 95–110 metres at a traditionally designed Arena like the O2 in London.
    At Croke Park the longest distance is a ridiculous 170m.
    The 3arena is a very compact venue for its capacity.

You are barking up the wrong tree ,I dont need to try attending some of the smaller venues or bigger venues as I have attended most of them.
    The O2 in London ,the SSE Wembley,Manchester Arena ,The Odyssey Belfast,The Albert Hall,Apollo Hammersmith,Academy Brixton,Shepherd Bush Empire ,Cork Opera House,Bord Gais Theatre,The Olympia plus many more .

Obviously a small venue of 1-2k is going to be a better atmosphere than the 3arena ,the smaller the better but as a medium to large capacity venue the 3arena is my preferred venue .

Croke Park is a terrible venue ,I'd even go to say its the worst stadium I have attended for concerts as the pitch is far too long and wide .
    Its a soulless venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭thegeezer

For a large sized venue,the 3arena is one of the best I have attended due to the unique amphitheatre design.

You mention binoculars ,yet the nearest seat to the stage in Croke Park is further away than the back seats in the 3 Arena.
    The longest distance from the stage in the 3arena is 60 metres as opposed to 95–110 metres at a traditionally designed Arena like the O2 in London.
    At Croke Park the longest distance is a ridiculous 170m.
    The 3arena is a very compact venue for its capacity.

You are barking up the wrong tree ,I dont need to try attending some of the smaller venues or bigger venues as I have attended most of them.
    The O2 in London ,the SSE Wembley,Manchester Arena ,The Odyssey Belfast,The Albert Hall,Apollo Hammersmith,Academy Brixton,Shepherd Bush Empire ,Cork Opera House,Bord Gais Theatre,The Olympia plus many more .

Obviously a small venue of 1-2k is going to be a better atmosphere than the 3arena ,the smaller the better but as a medium to large capacity venue the 3arena is my preferred venue .

Croke Park is a terrible venue ,I'd even go to say its the worst stadium I have attended for concerts as the pitch is far too long and wide .
    Its a soulless venue.

Each to their own, i have been to see three of my fave artists at 3arena, each gig was massive disappointment.
    I went to see Coldplay at Croker and it was honestly the best “big” gig i have been to. Acoustics were excellent, view superb, pyrotechnics ditto, and atmosphere phenomenal.
    Look we aint gonna agree so suggest this is parked with difference of opinions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

thegeezer wrote: »
    Each to their own, i have been to see three of my fave artists at 3arena, each gig was massive disappointment.
    I went to see Coldplay at Croker and it was honestly the best “big” gig i have been to. Acoustics were excellent, view superb, pyrotechnics ditto, and atmosphere phenomenal.
    Look we aint gonna agree so suggest this is parked with difference of opinions ?

Coldplay was the best gig I have attended in Croke Park to be fair ,it was special.
    It was a very balmy night ,and the xylobands and pyrotechnics made it very memorable.
    The sound was excellent too,best Ive heard there ,its usually poor.
    It was the only gig I really came away from there feeling satisfied .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I dont need to try attending some of the smaller venues or bigger venues as I have attended most of them.

100% behind you on that been to all you mention actually bar Hammersmith & Shepards Bush been to Birmingham NIA arena wise too prob called something different now would take the 3 over those arenas the smaller venues are obvs the best to see bands goes without saying.

Fleetwood Mac, Depeche Mode & Aerosmith were all incredible gigs at the 3 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Parquet Courts. The Academy. Saturday 3rd November.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

33075234_1973483726018184_6672625332383645696_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=0103fa647ec88de51731f555a822dec3&oe=5B954E08

Would love to get a Irish date too

Advertisement