Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Irish Gigs (Rumours & Confirmed Events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

33075234_1973483726018184_6672625332383645696_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=0103fa647ec88de51731f555a822dec3&oe=5B954E08

Would love to get a Irish date too

Next month I will have seen him 5 times this year.
    Travel....hes worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Next month I will have seen him 5 times this year.
    Travel....hes worth it.

How are the new songs working live? Saw him years ago (on his first solo album I think) and it was mindblowing but the new stuff just hasn't resonated with me on the album yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

And.... Glory of Love will now be stuck in my head all f'in day!
    Grammy Award winning singer-songwriter, Peter Cetera has announced he will perform live at @Vicar_Street on 31st October with his 7-piece electric band, “The Bad Daddy’s” . Tickets from €65.45 on sale Friday 25th May at 9am. https://t.co/1ffBk9pTn3

• Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Rumors are chemical bros for 3arena October

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Rumors are chemical bros for 3arena October

It's confirmed.

https://twitter.com/mcd_productions/status/998956656091332608

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

OhHiMark wrote: »

Wow on a Monday night. Exciting. I don’t expect this to sell loads

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Wow on a Monday night. Exciting. I don’t expect this to sell loads

Its the bank holiday monday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Its the bank holiday monday

A lot of people work tuesdays,

I have the same gripe with Forbidden fruit being on a bank holiday monday. No Monday after parties, less stages and work the next day.

But have to say the time splits for Monday are looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

How are the new songs working live? Saw him years ago (on his first solo album I think) and it was mindblowing but the new stuff just hasn't resonated with me on the album yet.

It seems more complex this time trying to incorporate many more elements. Hes made an album of music he grew up with it seems and theres so many 'new' styles. The band hes employed are spot on though. No baggage.

Was at the London pub gig and then small evening venue. The pub gig was brilliant, free beer and a 45 min set turned up to 11. The evening venue lacked atmosphere as there were a lot of guestlist from record companies/media etc who seemed to be just there to be there.

Overall i think he played a song from just about every band/album interspersed with new songs so it was mixed well. Weird atmosphere without a single mobile phone in the house, but in a good way.

Catch Hell Blues...OMG...that was special.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Ms. Lauryn Hill announces The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill 20th Anniversary World Tour with a stop at 3Arena on Friday 30 November. #Tickets go on sale this Friday 25 May http://bit.ly/2LirmOR

33184010_10155165832882271_4438901730377203712_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=ecfce0e6226d6e457e184906cb3b2fe8&oe=5BC2F92F

€70+ is a bit fu-king cheeky though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Echo & The Bunnymen- Olympia Friday October 12th.

No idea on tickets yet, just saw it announced on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

Passenger just announced a euro tour,
    He's Playing Vicar st on the 1st sept

33184010_10155165832882271_4438901730377203712_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=ecfce0e6226d6e457e184906cb3b2fe8&oe=5BC2F92F

€70+ is a bit fu-king cheeky though

Yea cant see this selling well at all , I can see it be a curtained off gig. i prob would have got a ticket if it was 50 euro max but not for 70

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Florence + the Machine - 3Arena - Monday 19th November.
    tickets onsale next Friday 9am. €50.50 - €70.50.
    presale on Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,896 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Just heard Stuart Clarke speaking on Pat Kenny's show about the forthcoming Nick Cave gig. He said there were still tickets available for €69.50 on Ticketmaster, but there aren't any and haven't been any available for a while.
    Does he know something I don't? Are they releasing more do you think? Can you get a ticket anywhere else, like a Ticketmaster Kiosk ? I assume you can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Florence + the Machine - 3Arena - Monday 19th November.
    tickets onsale next Friday 9am. €50.50 - €70.50.
    presale on Wednesday

I love Flo and the Machine and I am gutted her gig is a Monday
    trying to sort something with work to take a half day to go and a half day the next morning too but we shall see how that goes...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭dasdog

Mulatu Astatke, September 19th. Two absolutely packed nights in the Sugar Club last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Goodlaaaaad

Never heard of those lads but I reckon it'd be a good gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Boy George & Culture Club in the 3 Arena. 25 November

I'm calling it, the Celtic Tiger is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I presume the top section will be closed.

A george michael tribute act is also playing 3arena, for a fiver less than culture club who also have the lead singer of the thompson twins as support.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Johnny Marr playing National Stadium in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,409 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

rubadub wrote: »
    I presume the top section will be closed.

A george michael tribute act is also playing 3arena, for a fiver less than culture club who also have the lead singer of the thompson twins as support.

A tribute act playing in our largest arena ???

surly spells out we dont have a decent mid sized venue and clearly need one. The BG is medium sized but not suitable for some events same with the Olympia/National stadium/Vicar street etc.

The o2 in London has the Indiago place which host smaller events

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

PTH2009 wrote: »
    A tribute act playing in our largest arena ???

surly spells out we dont have a decent mid sized venue and clearly need one. The BG is medium sized but not suitable for some events same with the Olympia/National stadium/Vicar street etc.

The o2 in London has the Indiago place which host smaller events

Yeah its getting a bit ridiculous .
    There is no venue with a capacity of ~5000 people like the Apollo in London .
    The 3arena is too big and the Bord Gais is too small ,it only holds 2111.

The Cork Event centre will have a capacity of 6,000 ,that's if it ever gets built as BAM and Livenation are trying to screw the state for another 10m euro .
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/cork-event-centre-developer-100-committed-to-the-project-despite-delays-1.3506873

• Registered Users Posts: 38,409 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Listening to a recent live album from them and they sound so different from the studio versions

Everything sounds so jazzy now and slower

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭citycentre

Zardoz wrote: »
    Yeah its getting a bit ridiculous .
    There is no venue with a capacity of ~5000 people like the Apollo in London .
    The 3arena is too big and the Bord Gais is too small ,it only holds 2111.

The Cork Event centre will have a capacity of 6,000 ,that's if it ever gets built as BAM and Livenation are trying to screw the state for another 10m euro .
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/cork-event-centre-developer-100-committed-to-the-project-despite-delays-1.3506873

Something like the newly opened "The Anthem" in Washington DC would be perfect for Dublin. 6000 capacity with a massive stage area. Love the setup with the massive GA floor and the "boxes" all around. Supposed to have an amazing atmosphere...

https://www.rockwellgroup.com/projects/the-anthem

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

34338190_1854545701275250_4270430182197690368_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=147ac2256f22601509e417ceecf9a10f&oe=5BB89C7E

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Unknown Mortal Orchestra
    Sunday 25th November
    Academy Dublin
    €25

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Less Than Jake - Reel Big Fish

Co-headline Tour

17&18 November - Dublin - Button Factory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

citycentre wrote: »
    Something like the newly opened "The Anthem" in Washington DC would be perfect for Dublin. 6000 capacity with a massive stage area. Love the setup with the massive GA floor and the "boxes" all around. Supposed to have an amazing atmosphere...

https://www.rockwellgroup.com/projects/the-anthem

That picture kind of reminds me of the old point depot. Minus the boxes of course.

Advertisement