Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Irish Gigs (Rumours & Confirmed Events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

MCD just put up a clip of Metallica on their Insta , Could mean a gig is due to be announced soon?

They are announcing a tour in September for summer 2019, do see the logic though. Let the speculation commence!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

sheroman01 wrote: »
    I love Alt-J but f**king hell 55 quid seems unbelievably excessive.

€65. :eek:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Xenji wrote: »
    The current North American leg of the tour wraps up in March next year, if it was to be announced it could be a good wait before they come over, it would be 10 years since the last time they played in Dublin as well.

Fair point , but lots of big gigs are announced nearly a year in advance , Didn't Ed Sheeran announce his tour for this year just after Glastonbury last year

38230705_10155975600239751_6274529177404178432_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=724660eb192beec4feb3ea7e4b21f2cf&oe=5C03C37A

Slaves - The Academy - Nov 13th

• Advertisement

38405043_10156748327914548_4135126853968986112_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=7ec50e7077dc0265fcab47422db1503e&oe=5C0B0493

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

38405043_10156748327914548_4135126853968986112_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=7ec50e7077dc0265fcab47422db1503e&oe=5C0B0493

They didn't hang about with that announcement after All Together Now.. Anyone know anything about presale access? Says on TM it's 10am tomorrow morning but no further info, so guess it's just general access and no code or anything needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Thunder77

I think the gig was already lined up but they couldn't announce it until after the festival as it's an MCD gig and obviously ATN is a POD show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Fair point , but lots of big gigs are announced nearly a year in advance , Didn't Ed Sheeran announce his tour for this year just after Glastonbury last year

Yep his went on sale more than a year in advance

39040427_10156772478189548_6091350608936173568_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=352af9ae151a46fa6caa3afcb84fb8fa&oe=5C0DAC77

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Zardoz wrote: »

That's a new one to me. Presumably there will be other gigs announced after these ones? I know comedians do it but think ticket prices are usually reduced then..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Eod100 wrote: »
    That's a new one to me. Presumably there will be other gigs announced after these ones? I know comedians do it but think ticket prices are usually reduced then..

I can't see any price for the Hozier tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

OhHiMark wrote: »
    I can't see any price for the Hozier tickets.

30€

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Travis have announced a special performance of their iconic album The Man Who in Dublin, at the Olympia Theatre on Sunday 9th December.
    Tickets are priced from €44.05 and go on sale this Friday 17 August at 9am on Ticketmaster.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,618 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Travis have announced a special performance of their iconic album The Man Who in Dublin, at the Olympia Theatre on Sunday 9th December.
    Tickets are priced from €44.05 and go on sale this Friday 17 August at 9am on Ticketmaster.

thats a bit stiff for Travis !
    especially if theres ticketba$tard fees on top

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

sydthebeat wrote: »

Its a turn of the century coffee table classic. Like Play by Moby, Dido's Life For Rent and White Ladder by David Gray.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,618 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

The Nal wrote: »
    Its a turn of the century coffee table classic. Like Play by Moby, Dido's Life For Rent and White Ladder by David Gray.

well David Gray had many other great albums and you could have gotten balcony tickets in the NCH last year for the same price.

Im not questioning the quality of the album, but really its their only commercially successful album.

you could have got tickets to mercury revs "deserters songs" album played live for between 30 - 35 this year in whelans...... i would have though that would be a more relaistic price range

anyway... it will sell out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Thought it was cheap, reckon it will sell out quick and be on the tout sites. Its a perfect price for touts, as they could fairly easily get 100 for them in a small venue.

I reckon they will do 2 nights, the next night is free, Lily allen is on the tuesday https://www.olympia.ie/whats-on/

you could have got tickets to mercury revs "deserters songs" album played live for between 30 - 35 this year in whelans.
    If you were very lucky you could have got them. They were going for stupid money on tout sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,896 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

you could have got tickets to mercury revs "deserters songs" album played live for between 30 - 35 this year in whelans...... i would have though that would be a more relaistic price range

anyway... it will sell out :D

Yep I got them at that price direct from Whelans box office.
    It was a brilliant gig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

There is a pre-sale. What is the code and link?

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Well Hozier tickets sold out within one minute....No chance of getting one. Hopefully will announce more shows

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

bigslick wrote: »
    Well Hozier tickets sold out within one minute....No chance of getting one. Hopefully will announce more shows

That’s mad I had no hassle getting them and it let me load up two straight after as well. Usually I get stung on things like these.
    Looks like his website has crashed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

They were just warm up shows. He'll have a full tour soon in a bigger venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Yeah the site crashed for me at the checkout at 9 , well there's always next time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

They were just warm up shows. He'll have a full tour soon in a bigger venue.

Apparently another announcement coming in mid/late September. Presumably it'll be album announcement and some live shows in bigger venues.

The 17th was mentioned by one or two of the Joe.ie/Buzz.ie sites but I didn't see it anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Is there a dedicated Hozier thread?

Apparently another announcement coming in mid/late September. Presumably it'll be album announcement and some live shows in bigger venues.

The 17th was mentioned by one or two of the Joe.ie/Buzz.ie sites but I didn't see it anywhere else.

He's in Canada either side of 17th so doubt it would be then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Eod100 wrote: »
    He's in Canada either side of 17th so doubt it would be then

Sorry, meant that the 17th was mooted as the date of the next announcement!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 stucat94

Is there a dedicated Hozier thread?

Just Created One

Advertisement