Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Irish Gigs (Rumours & Confirmed Events)

Options
1333435363739»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Mumford & Sons (in the round) with Maggie Rodgers Friday Nov 16th 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 5,634 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Mumford & Sons (in the round) with Maggie Rodgers Friday Nov 16th 2018

Just saw now that you had already posted about it Rico,Do people think it will be hard get tickets for this

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Just saw now that you had already posted about it Rico,Do people think it will be hard get tickets for this

It's a tricky one. The fact that it's seven weeks away means some people might already have plans and are simply unable to go on somewhat short notice but some people are probably happier to commit to a gig in seven weeks but might not were it in mid 2019 for example.

Given they're a fairly well liked band who headlined Longitude last year and when they last played the 3Arena, played two nights (in December 2015) of which one of the nights sold out, I'd say they will sell out.

It's a tricky one. The fact that it's seven weeks away means some people might already have plans and are simply unable to go on somewhat short notice but some people are probably happier to commit to a gig in seven weeks but might not were it in mid 2019 for example.

Given they're a fairly well liked band who headlined Longitude last year and when they last played the 3Arena, played two nights (in December 2015) of which one of the nights sold out, I'd say they will sell out.

Agree with above

I also think that once people see the gig is late Nov they might start thinking oh wait... xmas is coming.. and i'll have to spend money.

I reckon they will be lucky to sell out.. but I guess people have more money then they had previous years.

Crazy announcing a gig pretty much a month ahead of playing. They must be confident of selling out.

Sound thanks,do you think it would be worth buying the CD to get a presale code?

• Advertisement

Sound thanks,do you think it would be worth buying the CD to get a presale code?

nah, i'll fire you a 3 presale code.

nah, i'll fire you a 3 presale code.

Thanks very much

Thanks very much

No bother at all; drop me a PM closer to the time to remind me.

When are they on sale?

No bother at all; drop me a PM closer to the time to remind me.

When are they on sale?

Friday Oct 12th at 9am I think

Friday Oct 12th at 9am I think

Presale will likely be the Wednesday before fyi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

https://zaphod.uk.vvhp.net/vvreg/13003-576047.html

Register for Presale on link above. U don’t need to buy the cd.

Thanks very much

Check your inbox

Check your inbox

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 38,408 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Now this is a very unusual thing to be on the 3arena

http://3arena.ie/index.php/artist/supervet/2482

Takes place tonight

The Blizzards playing Whelans on 6 December

https://twitter.com/TicketmasterIre/status/1049570203254882305?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Code for Mumford and sons here if anyone needs it

Pm me

Code gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Code for Mumford and sons here if anyone needs it

Pm me

PM semt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

My band are playing with Chris Slade's(current drummer from ACDC) band in the Button Factory on the 11th of November.

If anyone fancies a night of rock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Pink annoucing European tour dates for Summer 2019 on Tuesday 16th Oct.

MCD have just retweeted and shared on FB.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I would love if this turns out to be more than just a rumour.

Nineties grunge legends Pearl Jam tipped to play Malahide Castle next summer
    https://www.dublinlive.ie/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/nineties-grunge-legends-pearl-jam-15289276
    Nineties grunge kings Pearl Jam look set to play Dublin next June, with an insider telling Dublin Live it's "a dead cert".

Eddie Vedder and Co have already had a busy 2018, touring the US, Europe and playing the 02 in London during the summer.

And the Seattle band, billed by music bible Rolling Stone as "one of rock's great arena acts" are being VERY strongly tipped to play Malahide Castle next summer.

The Cure have already been confirmed to play the north Dublin venue and tickets for their June 8 gig sold out in just two hours when they went on sale last week.

It's likely that tickets to the Alive hitmakers' show will go just as quickly.

An insider told Dublin Live: "The Pearl Jam gig is definitely going ahead - it's all done and dusted, planning is sorted with Fingal [County Council] - all that remains is for it to be announced.

"It's a dead cert."

A spokesperson for the local authority said that they had no comment to make.

In June, gig goers in their thousands descended on the scenic coastal village as Malahide Castle played host to LCD Soundsystem, Kodaline, Gorillaz, Nile Rodgers' Chic and Liam Gallagher - with the former Oasis singer's show being hailed as one the best gigs of the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I asked, begged, pleaded (a little) with anyone that could confirm or deny, I got a reply back from somebody that it is defitnitely happening.

I never get heads up/information. The person that told me is (I believe) 100% reliable. She has never lied to me before that I know.

Edited.

I'm excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Looks like Talos is doing a few gigs in December:

Dolans, Limerick, 21st December

Roisin Dubh, Galway, 22nd December

Connollys of Leap, Cork, 30th December

Not sure if a Cork city gig will be added after they played Opera House last weekend but if one is, could be Live at St Lukes potentially

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Eod100 wrote: »
    Looks like Talos is doing a few gigs in December:

Dolans, Limerick, 21st December

Roisin Dubh, Galway, 22nd December

Connollys of Leap, Cork, 30th December

Not sure if a Cork city gig will be added after they played Opera House last weekend but if one is, could be Live at St Lukes potentially

They said at the Opera House show that they only had one more gig in Cork this year, the one at Leap.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

They said at the Opera House show that they only had one more gig in Cork this year, the one at Leap.

Ah I was at it and all but must have missed that. Makes sense, don't think they'd have played city again so soon after Opera House, more wishful thinking on my part! They're unreal live

• Registered Users Posts: 38,408 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Some Russian megastar is playing the 3arena on Sat night

Grigory Leps

Never heard of him but imagine he's massive in Eastern Europe and will possibly attract a lot of fans from that area living here

Advertisement