Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Irish Gigs (Rumours & Confirmed Events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

I'd love that. I was heavily pregnant when they played Slane and green with envy looking at everyone's pics on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Been a while since Bon Jovi played here, hopefully we will see them in 2018

Did a solo show in the Academy last year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,409 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Did a solo show in the Academy last year :D

Yeah for an unbelievable price lol

Be good too see them again but there not the same since sambora ****ed off. I'll wait and see

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Have seen them 4 times and i dont think ill be in a rush to see them again. They still put on a decent show but dont think ill grab tickets if they are back in May.

Yea if Pearl Jam play (anywhere in Ireland) i shall be in attendance especially after Eddies show here during the summer i am dying to see them. I can def see Pearl Jam and QOTSA doing Rock Werchter (if PJ do tour Europe)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Really cant imagine Billy Joel selling out the Aviva

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

If you were at the Croke Park gig you wouldn't say that...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

fmul9798 wrote: »
    Wasn't that fully seated?

Reckon I'll go to this

Missed the 2013 show and i was impressed with the clips I've seen of him live recently

Reckon the ticket price won't be nice though

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Would depend on the price, which they are seemingly keeping secret for now. I wonder if they try and gauge the reaction these days before deciding on a selling price -or hold off in the hope friends will agree with each other to go -and less likely to pull out even if the price is very high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

fmul9798 wrote: »

I'm not knocking him as an artist. I have always had a soft spot and might well go. But Croke Park was w2006, a lot closer to his heyday.
    Would be delighted if he sold out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Kendrick Lamar playing Dublin on Wednesday, February 7, 2017, first show on the next leg (first leg? I don't know actually) of the DAMN. tour.

Support from James Blake.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i can just imagine how awful the talking and screeching will be during James Blake's set.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Kendrick Lamar playing Dublin on Wednesday, February 7, 2017, first show on the next leg (first leg? I don't know actually) of the DAMN. tour.

Support from James Blake.

€77-€101. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭roadmaster

Yeah for an unbelievable price lol

Be good too see them again but there not the same since sambora ****ed off. I'll wait and see

One of my friends was in the Canada in April and he got to see them. He reckoned they sounded really well but JBJ'S voice was in a bit of trouble but the rest of the band where able to carry him. I seen Phil X said they where touring Europe for certain in 2018, i think they can pull 40k mark to a gig, i would love if they do play that it is outside dublin in one of the regional stadiums, The one thing my friend said was that there is something missing from the way the band sound without richie

https://www.facebook.com/aikenpromotions/videos/1613039368736016/

Aiken annoucement on Thursday 5th Oct

Roger Waters Dublin date it looks like

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Don't you mean Roger Water?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭urbangoo

roadmaster wrote: »
    One of my friends was in the Canada in April and he got to see them. He reckoned they sounded really well but JBJ'S voice was in a bit of trouble but the rest of the band where able to carry him. I seen Phil X said they where touring Europe for certain in 2018, i think they can pull 40k mark to a gig, i would love if they do play that it is outside dublin in one of the regional stadiums, The one thing my friend said was that there is something missing from the way the band sound without richie

I haven't seen them since Slane but I've heard Jon's voice hasn't been great lately.

Phil X is great on guitar but I definitely miss Richie's voice, particularly on songs like Wanted Dead or Alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Either that, or Daft Punk (the whole pyramid symbolism thing).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Aiken won't have the worldwide exclusive live comeback of Daft Punk TBF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

urbangoo wrote: »
    I haven't seen them since Slane but I've heard Jon's voice hasn't been great lately.

His voice has been crap since the early ninenties though,he did serious damage from too much touring back in the early days .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

The Nal wrote: »
    Don't you mean Roger Water?

The "S" on my keyboard is dodgy .... :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Has there been any big announcement where it wasn't rumoured to be him?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The man has proven himself to be a laughably insincere scumbag, a greedy cnut, who let down thousands of fans here as he could not make the profit he wanted by blackmail. But I don't think even he would stoop so low as to be using the Vegas massacre as a sneaky way to promote an upcoming gig.

Though in his excuses for dublin I seem to remember him dragging his dead mother into his excuses somehow -so you never know.

3arena would not be profitable enough for him if he was to play here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

rubadub wrote: »
    The man has proven himself to be a laughably insincere scumbag, a greedy cnut, who let down thousands of fans here as he could not make the profit he wanted by blackmail. But I don't think even he would stoop so low as to be using the Vegas massacre as a sneaky way to promote an upcoming gig.

Though in his excuses for dublin I seem to remember him dragging his dead mother into his excuses somehow -so you never know.

3arena would not be profitable enough for him if he was to play here.

He is selling out shows all over the states for the last 3 years and making an absolute fortune and doing so at a flat ticket fee of ~80 dollars, regardless of location in the venue, and using credit card entry for the best seats.
    $310.9 million gross in 3 years,he could have made double that if he was a greedy cnut like other artists who tout their own tickets on resale markets.

The money he would have made from the Dublin gigs is pocket change to him .

Zardoz wrote: »
    He is selling out shows all over the states for the last 3 years and making an absolute fortune and doing so at a flat ticket fee of ~80 dollars, regardless of location in the venue, and using credit card entry for the best seats.
    $310.9 million gross in 3 years,he could have made double that if he was a greedy cnut like other artists who tout their own tickets on resale markets.

The money he would have made from the Dublin gigs is pocket change to him .

And he done quite the few Matinee shows on the tour (obv it would of been a logistics problem for CP and near impossible to do)

Id love for him to come back and play and finally put that 2014 farce too bed. He will still sell the shows out no bother and people will camp out for nights/ systems crashing etc. The man made a tit of himself really but karrma certainly didn't hit him as he made tons of $$$$ after leaving fans here heartbroken. It's in the past and I have witnessed some incredible shows since then. 2014 still hurts a little and won't be gone til I see him live (if I get the chance). When you look forward to something so much and have it taken away hurts

But that dublin sign in that office has always been there and the news sites noticed it and made a storie of it. I don't think he will announce irish dates 2morrow and it was all just a cocidence

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭netopia

Has anyone got a presales code for Billy Joel at the Aviva??

so the annoucement dis morning was Roger Waters and not Garth Brooks

have to make a choice as Billy Joel and Roger Waters are only days apart, Billy Joel in the aviva 23rd June and Waters in the 3arena 26th June ???. Think ill try for Billy Joel as i wasant impressed with Waters lip Syncing discovery and Joel may be a less boring show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

have to make a choice as Billy Joel and Roger Waters are only days apart, Billy Joel in the aviva 23rd June and Waters in the 3arena 26th June ???. Think ill try for Billy Joel as i wasant impressed with Waters lip Syncing discovery and Joel may be a less boring show
    You've such high standards :D

If you are going to one because it will be "less boring" than the other why not just skip both???

Advertisement