Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Irish Gigs (Rumours & Confirmed Events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,409 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

https://www.rockhall.com/fan-vote/2018-fan-vote

A certain Bon Jovi is one of the finalists and if they are selected could get Sambora back on board and a reunion tour will commence in 2018 ???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

there was an ad on the radio this morning for The National playing in Donnybrook Stadium (i think?) next 15th and 16th of June. can't find anything online about it yet though. it was an Aiken event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

there was an ad on the radio this morning for The National playing in Donnybrook Stadium (i think?) next 15th and 16th of June. can't find anything online about it yet though. it was an Aiken event.

https://www.facebook.com/aikenpromotions/photos/pb.145525518820749.-2207520000.1507294143./1615615295145090/?type=3&theater

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

PTH2009 wrote: »
    https://www.rockhall.com/fan-vote/2018-fan-vote

A certain Bon Jovi is one of the finalists and if they are selected could get Sambora back on board and a reunion tour will commence in 2018 ???

It's a fan poll, they lead in a big way but that thing rears it's head again, see rumors like this every year it's up for debate yet don't recall them having they any success in spawning tours off the back of it, do they?

...(And no can't see KK coming back to tour again either if Priest are selected)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

22279974_10155246151528878_5009096653914802677_n.jpg?oh=d0ed6c39a9d471e773f557caeaf0978e&oe=5A462EEA

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Big mistake from Elbow there having a much more entertaining act opening for them...

I joke, of course, but John Grant is a really superb live performer if anyone was on the fence about going to that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

John grant is amazing live... elbow are a really great act live, will try go to this I think

Foo Fighters UK Tour 2018

Tues 19th June- Etihad Stadium Manchester
    Fri 22/23 June- London Stadium London

Tickets on sale Fri 20th Oct

Really should be announcing a full tour, not sure too take the gamble and buy tickets too Manchester, can see an Irish date being announced

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Those Foo dates have Slane written all over them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

The Nal wrote: »

Is this sarcasm?

Really wish bands would just announce all Euro dates at once

Debating going too see Foos in Manchester or wait and see if there's an Irish date announced

Any word from Foo Fighters fansites or people in the knw about an Irish date ???

• Registered Users Posts: 86,569 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Gary Barlow will be performing at INEC Killarney on Friday 11th May 2018 as well as Bord Gais Energy Theatre on the 10th of May and Waterfront Hall on the 8th of May, with tickets on sale on Friday, 20th October

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Cant see them doing Slane so soon after last time

Cant see them doing Slane so soon after last time

Oh didnt know they played Slane recently.

Saw them at Glastonbury. Theyre as bland as they come. The worst sort of chug/jock rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Saw them at Glastonbury. Theyre as bland as they come. The worst sort of chug/jock rock.

Slane 2015 disagrees

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

If you don't know who played Slane only 2 years ago then I seriously question your knowledge in music. More proof to not take your comments on here seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Obsolete01

Any idea how you get presale for the foo fighters... UK tickets presale starts on Tuesday

Obsolete01 wrote: »
    Any idea how you get presale for the foo fighters... UK tickets presale starts on Tuesday

http://forum.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=171490

keep an eye on there

sheroman01 wrote: »
    If you don't know who played Slane only 2 years ago then I seriously question your knowledge in music. More proof to not take your comments on here seriously.

I rarely bother with Slane.

Saw the Foos there the last time I was in Slane in 03 or whenever. Boring then too. Same setlist nearly as Glastonbury.

• Advertisement

Bryan Adams plays the 3arena on May 21st 2018 as part of his Ultimate tour. Tickets on sale Oct 20th

That guy sure loves touring

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Bryan Adams plays the 3arena on May 21st 2018 as part of his Ultimate tour. Tickets on sale Oct 20th

That guy sure loves touring
    I saw him in Slane in 2000, he was the headline act. Wonder what Slane would make of him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

julyjane wrote: »
    I saw him in Slane in 2000, he was the headline act. Wonder what Slane would make of him now.

I'd say he'd definitely get a job pulling pints or scanning tickets.

In fairness he put on a great show in 2016 in Dublin but he played Cork in 2014/2017 and Dublin/Belfast 2016. It will prob sell well as he has a big following (middle aged women is his main demographic)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

And in Slane it was marketed as a Triple Headliner...

H2548-L84672655.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Shedite27 wrote: »

H2548-L84672655.jpg

That was back in the day when support acts were actually pretty decent and not the cheapest crap the promoter can find.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

That is just 1 poster, I do not recall it ever being suggested or described as a triple headliner at the time. And think you would struggle to find anything claiming it was.

These lists seem pretty random, of course zero doubt that Adams was the main headline

http://www.castleparkslane.com/history_2000.html
    August 26, 2000: Bryan Adams brought his exceptional tour to Slane Castle and rocked a two hour set like it was the summer of ’69.

He was supported by the following acts:
    Macy Gray
    Muse
    Eagle-Eye Cherry
    Dara
    Screaming Orphans
    Mel C
    Moby

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slane_Concert#2000
    Macy Gray
    Muse
    Eagle-Eye Cherry
    Dara
    Screaming Orphans
    Melanie C
    Moby
    Bryan Adams (headliner)

On wiki they do list some "special guests" for some years.
    1998[edit]
    Finlay Quaye
    Junkster
    James
    The Seahorses
    Robbie Williams
    Special Guests Manic Street Preachers
    The Verve (headliner)
    2002[edit]
    Saturday 24 August 2002[28][29]

Ocean Color Scene[29]
    Nickelback[29]
    Counting Crows[29]
    Doves[29]
    The Revs[29]
    The Charlatans, special guests[29]
    Stereophonics (headliner)

Bryan Adams is worth $65 Million and has some of the best tunes around (Summer Of 69, Run To you, When Youre Gone) and had one of longest number 1 singles of all time. His popularity went down a bit in the 00's but he has a big fan base still

would i go see him again ??? 50/50 i enjoyed him in 2016 but not worth the effort of travelling too dublin for a similar show /setlist. If he played nearer home like Kilkenny or somewhere than i might go

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

rubadub wrote: »
    That is just 1 poster, I do not recall it ever being suggested or described as a triple headliner at the time. And think you would struggle to find anything claiming it was.

These lists seem pretty random, of course zero doubt that Adams was the main headline

http://www.castleparkslane.com/history_2000.html
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slane_Concert#2000
    On wiki they do list some "special guests" for some years.
    Yes I am one poster. Good lad. And yes you are using Wikipedia as a source.

No doubt he was on last, but at the time the adverts were very much like the above, with all 3 in similar sized fonts, radio ads were "Moby, Macy, Adams" rather than a man headliner in other years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Yes I am one poster. Good lad.
    I meant the poster, as in the advertisement not you.

Advertisement