Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Irish Gigs (Rumours & Confirmed Events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

Has there been any more gigs announced for Páirc Uí Chaoimh other than Ed Sheeran?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

23031409_10155273834034983_8317066245363310476_n.jpg?oh=4c0755bd432dea2232cc20a832c9119c&oe=5A682E3D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,409 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The GAA have a new fixture plan for 2018 and Croke Park will be in use a good bit during peak international touring season and may affect concert dates

possible summer Croke Park GAA dates 2018
    Sunday 24th June
    Sunday 1st July
    Sat/Sun 14th/15th July
    Sat/Sun 28th/29th July
    Sat/Sun 11th/12 Aug
    Sun 19th Aug
    Sun 2nd Sep

Not many Croke Park concert rumours for 2018 going around but surly the promoters will get a big act or 2 too play there ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The GAA have a new fixture plan for 2018 and Croke Park will be in use a good bit during peak international touring season and may affect concert dates

possible summer Croke Park GAA dates 2018
    Sunday 24th June
    Sunday 1st July
    Sat/Sun 14th/15th July
    Sat/Sun 28th/29th July
    Sat/Sun 11th/12 Aug
    Sun 19th Aug
    Sun 2nd Sep

Not many Croke Park concert rumours for 2018 going around but surly the promoters will get a big act or 2 too play there ??

Pope francis is rumoured to be celebrating mass there around the 25th of August but I wonder will that count as 1 of the 3 concerts allowed? Hard to imagine standing on the pitch a week before a football final though. Maybe they'll bring the popes visit forward with the referendum happening earlier in the summer. Not that I care, I'm just wondering if that will only leave 2 dates. I'd like to see P!nk

Garth Brooks final North American tour date has been announced, Nashville on Sat Dec 16 2017. Seems like he might take the tour overseas in 2018 but he might take the year out and play overseas in 2019.

A return here is expected but not inevitable. Croke Park 3 dates or a nationwide tour ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭hynesie08

julyjane wrote: »
    I'd like to see P!nk

I love pink but I can't imagine her as a croke park act, marlay park would be about her level.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    I love pink but I can't imagine her as a croke park act, marlay park would be about her level.

Id say Aviva

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭direstraits

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/u2-announce-2018-experience-innocence-tour-detail-new-lp-w510756

U2 have announced a new tour for 2018. No european dates yet, possibly croker again??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/u2-announce-2018-experience-innocence-tour-detail-new-lp-w510756

U2 have announced a new tour for 2018. No european dates yet, possibly croker again??

Album is up for pre-order now with a presale code for the 2018 tour.

http://www.u2.com/soe_eu

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Gorillaz at Malahide Castle confirmed
    Gorillaz return to Dublin to play their biggest Irish show to date: an open air concert in the beautiful surrounds of Malahide Castle and Gardens on 9 June.#Tickets on sale Thursday 9 November at 9am

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jsms88

It’s about time Paul McCartney and the Stones came back to Ireland. I reckon they’d both sell out Crowe Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

jsms88 wrote: »
    It’s about time Paul McCartney and the Stones came back to Ireland. I reckon they’d both sell out Crowe Park.

Both well overdue yeah. Hoping for a Macca announcement in the new year. Only has a few dates left on this leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

The Nal wrote: »
    Both well overdue yeah. Hoping for a Macca announcement in the new year. Only has a few dates left on this leg.

IIRC I got tickets to macca in the RDS on the day of the gig a few years back. I really dont think he is Croker big unless he sells it as a last gig and drags Ringo with him.

Taylor Swift playing here next year, email about pre-ordering her new album mentions getting pre-sale access to 2018 UK and Ireland tour tickets.

The Nal wrote: »

And he hasn’t played the UK yet on his current tour either so there’s a good chance he will next year. It would be a perfect opportunity to come here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

IIRC I got tickets to macca in the RDS on the day of the gig a few years back. I really dont think he is Croker big unless he sells it as a last gig and drags Ringo with him.

His current show is more than good enough to play Croker but Im not sure that would reflect in ticket sales. Not sure people know how good he is at the moment.

Not many Croke Park rumours going around???

Hopefully Garth Brooks comes back to finally bury 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Not many Croke Park rumours going around???
    GAA has redone it's schedule this season, round robins in hurling in June and Football in July. I'm guessing they're trying to figure out what games will be where and then where they can slot concerts into that schedule

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Shedite27 wrote: »
    GAA has redone it's schedule this season, round robins in hurling in June and Football in July. I'm guessing they're trying to figure out what games will be where and then where they can slot concerts into that schedule

Actually just looking at the schedule, looks like Croker is definitely free the following weekends...
    16th June
    8th July

The Super 8's fixtures hasn't been announced yet but my guess* is they'll free it up on the first weekend (14th July) for gigs.

* each team plays a home game, an away game and a game at Croker, so my guess is they'll have the Dubs on the road for the first game, and hold all the Croker games until the final round.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    any act big enough to play Croker will have had their tour planned and venues booked long ago, so it's probably the other way round, GAA fitting their games around concerts (assuming any are scheduled).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Taylor Swift playing here next year, email about pre-ordering her new album mentions getting pre-sale access to 2018 UK and Ireland tour tickets.

Heard big rumours of an outdoor gig

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Testament (+Annihilator) & Black Label Society tickets went on sale today for gigs in Dublin next year...happy days...

What's the Tivoli like as a venue, never been?

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

Stones have already confirmed UK gigs for next summer so surely they’ll pop over here for one. I’d be happy to see them back as Slane.

jsms88 wrote: »
    Stones have already confirmed UK gigs for next summer so surely they’ll pop over here for one. I’d be happy to see them back as Slane.

Love too see them in Croke Park. They of course were rumoured to play there this year but something went wrong in the negotiations

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

BronsonTB wrote: »

What's the Tivoli like as a venue, never been?

Was only there last week, first impressions are good, just on a street to the left before Vicar st if coming from Dame st/Christchurch area, when taking this left venue is instantly visible.

Inside it's like a small tunnel for ticket check/box office. Once through here was a sort of open area where merch tables were set up. A timid stroll and there is the stage there is a main floor where I believe had 3 entrances/exits (2 by the bar of course :)) a border goes all round the main floor so can decide to watch from there. No seating or upper tier(s), it holds about 1000.

Main bar is to left of stage with toilets on same side just off those is entrance to beer garden. Beer garden is very spacious and there is a bar in a bus out there :) , you will also need to head to this area if you require the cloak room facility.

I've a ticket for Epica there whether they can facilitate a mad bast*rd flying around on a keyboard remains to be seen :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Heard big rumours of an outdoor gig

She's too big now for the indoor venues so it would have to be outdoors - wonder if she could sell out Landsdone Rd?

Great gig that was , but i dont think it helped that he had played the 3Arena about 6 months before

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Great gig that was , but i dont think it helped that he had played the 3Arena about 6 months before

It was a very good gig, but regardless of the earlier one, he still aint selling out croker

It was a very good gig, but regardless of the earlier one, he still aint selling out croker

Oh yea i agree , Id say RDS again if he was to play

• Advertisement

Oh yea i agree , Id say RDS again if he was to play

RDS is a dive. The Aviva hopefully!

Advertisement