Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VW Caravelle conversion vrt heads up

Options
  • 28-06-2017 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Just a heads up on VW Caravelle VRT and tax office. Hopefully my experience today might help someone else.

I had my Caravelle home conversion inspected by an SQI today. I thought I would have to send paperwork to Revenue in Rosslare but I called them directly and they told me that VRT was already paid so I could go straight to the motor tax office to change logbook.

The tax office said I needed to send paperwork to Rosslare but I told them what revenue said and asked to see a supervisor. They then agreed that there was no need to get on to Rosslare and changed the log book for me. This was in Cork.

Going straight to the tax office has saved me a few weeks waiting on Revenue to get back in writing.

A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

Was there a problem with the standing height? I'm thinking of converting a ford transit minibus...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Height restrictions no longer apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭preacherman

oxygen wrote: »
    Was there a problem with the standing height? I'm thinking of converting a ford transit minibus...

No problem with standing height for revenue. It's insurance that is harder to get. You need to go through the motorhome club.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

Was it a car / minibus originally as opposed to a van? I think that's the difference

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Was it a car / minibus originally as opposed to a van? I think that's the difference

Minibus, crap, what's the difference?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

Because cars and minibuses have already paid vrt iirc, if it's a van that changes to a car or camper, vrt is due.

Advertisement