Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Amazon priority ship this quick?

Options
  • 28-06-2017 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hey guys im buying something off amazon and it says today as im posting this on wednesday that if i ordered priority delivery ill have it friday. will this really be the case has anyone got something this quick using priority before? im asking as this because if i do not get it friday i wont see it until monday no matter what anyway if i do not get it friday ill prob just do the free delivery so guys is it worth paying an extra ten euro will i have it by friday?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭RoebuckWilson

I'm open to correction... but a lot of times, if it's Amazon UK, I think it assumes you're also UK based. I'd expect it Monday or a Tuesday were it me.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Premium delivery from Amazon to ROI means courier post from Dublin/Louth. This is reliably next day (in Dublin anyways) but is much slower to dispatch.

If I had to bet it would dispatch with An Post on Friday afternoon and arrive Monday AM.

Source: Prime + Subscribe and Save user.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Send it to Parcel Motel, they'll drop it in locker on weekends so you'll have it Sat or Sun at latest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

TallGlass wrote: »
    Send it to Parcel Motel, they'll drop it in locker on weekends so you'll have it Sat or Sun at latest.

It still depends on who the primary delivery is with, as to whether it would be dropped at the weekend.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Last time I paid for priority delivery and the item was shipped I got it next day instead of 2 days to Ireland.

Mind you, I ordered books on Tuesday this week, they shipped yesterday and I got them today, even though it was via free delivery and the delivery date at checkout was the 4th July.

So I guess these things happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Online Buying

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I find with Amazon the delay is in how long it takes them to dispatch the item.

Advertisement