Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ROS - Revenue online service

Options
  • 28-06-2017 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Revenue Online Service

Revenue Online Service (ROS) enables you to view your own, or your client's, current position with Revenue for various taxes and levies, file tax returns and forms, and make payments for these taxes online in a variety of ways.

The purpose of this board is to discuss the basic user issues on the ROS platform that prevent the end user "us" the consumer from using the platform efficiently.

To discuss new features that will make the platform more user-friendly

As there is very little phone support, and the help texts/questions section has no real answers in it, help some users find their way around the clunky platform

All in the hope that the powers that be in Revenue will take notice and maybe implement some of the threads we discuss.

How would you rate the user experience on ROS? 10 votes

Bad
    10% 1 vote
    Okay
    20% 2 votes
    Good
    70% 7 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

And have you actually got any issues or suggestions yourself like?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

There is loads of phone support op did you even try calling them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 easiness

Here is a thought, have you ever tried to locate and download a PDF of a receipt payment for say VAT, you can see the receipt number underpayments, but this is not clickable.
    To locate and download a PDF you have to go to revenue record to download it. Here you meet another obstacle you can't search by receipt number. Instead, you have to filter and then open each notice to locate the one that corresponds to the receipt number you are looking for and then go through three screens to download it

So solutions
    1. Store PDF's of each payment with the payments section
    2. If one does not work allow you to search revenue records by receipt number

Hi,

Yes spent 2 hours on the phone and went through three departments trying to locate 6 missing receipts, to be finally told that not all receipts appear in the revenue record on ROS and that they can post the receipts out to me. When I asked why they do not appear, I was transferred back to my starting point ROS support whose answer was we don't know

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

In that case make a formal support ticket by email, maybe you found a legit problem.

• Advertisement

Srsly, been down that route before and got the usual response Blah Blah thank you for your recommendation we will look into it. Then nothing. Hence this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Skippette

easiness wrote: »
    Srsly, been down that route before and got the usual response Blah Blah thank you for your recommendation we will look into it. Then nothing. Hence this thread.

Just wondering, we're all the payments made on ROS?

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jcon1913

easiness wrote: »
    Revenue Online Service

Revenue Online Service (ROS) enables you to view your own, or your client's, current position with Revenue for various taxes and levies, file tax returns and forms, and make payments for these taxes online in a variety of ways.

The purpose of this board is to discuss the basic user issues on the ROS platform that prevent the end user "us" the consumer from using the platform efficiently.

To discuss new features that will make the platform more user-friendly

As there is very little phone support, and the help texts/questions section has no real answers in it, help some users find their way around the clunky platform

All in the hope that the powers that be in Revenue will take notice and maybe implement some of the threads we discuss.

Once you make a payment for a particular PAYE period that period disappears from ROS and you cant make another payment in to it. It would be convenient to have iit left open so further payments could be made to the same period.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

You can now upload medical receipts which I like very much. However I would like if there was a storage area for other PAYE related documents like P60's P45's  , Med2 etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

The only major problem I'd see is a user experience one. If you want to find an old submission, you have to go to your inbox and search the archives. This works fine, but is pretty non-obvious. There's a separate panel called returns, which shows what returns are made, but doesn't have a link to view them. Some though not all document types will also open in a pop-up window, which may be silently blocked by some browsers unless you whitelist ROS for pop-ups.

The Java applet-based login system was also horrible, but it's gone now. The Flash PAYE thing was also a bit of a pain and didn't cooperate with some browsers, but is also gone now I think. The client cert is kind of annoying, but I can see why they require it.

These are pretty minor niggles once you know about them, though. Overall, I'd say it's easily the best user experience for a government website. If you want a seriously unpleasant one, try DCC's planning search.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jcon1913

While there are a lot of records and data to manage, it would be handy to have a client query facility in the email section of ROS.

i.e. to search the archive in terms of a tax reg number, rather than trudge through page after page of archived emails.

Advertisement