Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit rating

• 28-06-2017 5:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,743 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just spoke to a mortgage adviser and they suggested I get a credit check... A quick Google only shows private firms. I was led to believe that there was a new government site to allow me to apply for a credit check...

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭wordofwarning

icb.ie is the site to check your credit rating. You fill out an online form with all your previous addresses and within a few days they the report to you.

If you have not had a loan in the last 5 years, you will not have a credit rating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,743 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

icb.ie is the site to check your credit rating. You fill out an online form with all your previous addresses and within a few days they the report to you.

If you have not had a loan in the last 5 years, you will not have a credit rating

Thanks, I presume not having a credit rating is a good thing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭phormium

Not necessarily, sometimes a lender prefers to see that you have borrowed and paid it back in the correct manner than not to have borrowed at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭wordofwarning

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Thanks, I presume not having a credit rating is a good thing...

It is and it isnt. A lender likes to see that you have a history of paying back a loan. Each bank is different. It shows good discipline if you have paid your credit card religiously each month for 5 years

Advertisement