Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AAAAARRRGGGHHH! (But new filter, so kinda Yay)

Options
  • 28-06-2017 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭

Filter crapped out the other day and wouldn't restart after a WC. Bought a new Eheim Monday and hoped I could save the cycle. Unfortunately there were 2 tetras dead last night and 2 this morning :(

Loving that Eheim though - quiet, and much easier to maintain than my last one. May it last 100 years!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

That sucks. Which model did you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

The pickup 160. Not the fanciest of models, but I'm happy with it. Not having to take out the entire unit to rinse yuck out of the sponge is going to be a good thing.

My gods, I'm easily impressed :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I understand you, I got a eheim external filter a few years ago and it's probably one of the things I'd try save in a fire. It's fantastic.

No deaths for 24 hours :D I think we're all good again

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The pickups are fantastic filters, by the end of my time doing freshwater tanks they were the only model I'd use. Dead easy to clean too. Good luck with it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Should Have Done Arts

Get some old media for the broken filter and stuff in it the external for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Why didn't you use some of the old media in the new filter?

Why didn't you use some of the old media in the new filter?

I gave it a squeeze but it didn't seem to take. All good now though: the water is clearer than it's been in months and the fish are in fine form. 50% of the ones that died were kind of marked for death anyway.

Advertisement