Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Trainee November 2017 intake

• 28-06-2017 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭

Might as well fire this one up, I think it's safe to say most of the August invites have been released to most people. Congrats if you got one! (Don't take my word for it, there does be ad-hoc invites sent out!).

So the journey continues on for the others like myself.

Hopefully it's November for us. I will pop the FAQ in this post once I get the chance.

So let's continue as the August one might get taken over by the guys with intake related questions!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

TallGlass wrote: »
    Might as well fire this one up, I think it's safe to say most of the August invites have been released to most people. Congrats if you got one! (Don't take my word for it, there does be ad-hoc invites sent out!).

So the journey continues on for the others like myself.

Hopefully it's November for us. I will pop the FAQ in this post once I get the chance.

So let's continue as the August one might get taken over by the guys with intake related questions!

Great idea, thanks for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭JC43

Quick question
    How many are in a class altogether. In august are there 200 recruits. ? So the next take is November ? is that 200 more recruits ? When's the next intake after Nov. What I'm trying to work out how long should it take all things going well if u have a oom of late 700 (sept 2016)

May 0
    August 150
    Nov 200. To Oom350
    Early next year 200 to Oom550
    Spring 200 to oom750
    Summer 200 to oom950

Is this how it works more or less

• Registered Users Posts: 40 alanmacklin

september 2016 oom of 380-395 file signed off a few weeks now. should i expect November or next year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Might as well park myself here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Damo1988

doesn't look like I'm making August either

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

JC43 wrote: »
    Quick question
    How many are in a class altogether. In august are there 200 recruits. ? So the next take is November ? is that 200 more recruits ? When's the next intake after Nov. What I'm trying to work out how long should it take all things going well if u have a oom of late 700 (sept 2016)

May 0
    August 150
    Nov 200. To Oom350
    Early next year 200 to Oom550
    Spring 200 to oom750
    Summer 200 to oom950

Is this how it works more or less

Yes and No ! Yes 200 is usually the figure and no in the sense it depends on what the government is committed to at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Mr.cool212

Isn't there a commitment that 3200 new gardai will be recruited for the next 4 years? 800 trainees for 4 years would make up that figure. Only a guesstimate!

Mr.cool212 wrote: »
    Isn't there a commitment that 3200 new gardai will be recruited for the next 4 years? 800 trainees for 4 years would make up that figure. Only a guesstimate!

Again yes and no. Committed based on budget been available etc.. Take nothing for granted until you literally pass the gates of Templemore!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Mr.cool212

TallGlass wrote: »
    Again yes and no. Committed based on budget been available etc.. Take nothing for granted until you literally pass the gates of Templemore!

Agreed 100%. Couldn't hack being told recruitment freeze again though!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭killer91

Hi guys,

I'm from the Sept 16 campaign, have an OOM of just under 50, have everything passed but vetting still ongoing.

I still have to meet the local station, even though my file was sent out in February, I still haven't heard a thing from them.

Really hoping for the November intake.

• Advertisement

killer91 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm from the Sept 16 campaign, have an OOM of just under 50, have everything passed but vetting still ongoing.

I still have to meet the local station, even though my file was sent out in February, I still haven't heard a thing from them.

Really hoping for the November intake.

Chase up on local station, my daughter was in a similar position and turned out her local station is the busiest in Dublin so she got onto them directly and got a call the next day from sergeant

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭killer91

Henry2006 wrote: »
    Chase up on local station, my daughter was in a similar position and turned out her local station is the busiest in Dublin so she got onto them directly and got a call the next day from sergeant

Ye I rang them on Tuesday and they said they'd get back onto me before the end of the week.

I'll call them on Monday if I haven't heard from them between then.

It would be a fairly busy station so I understand that they'd be busy but it's been there since February.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 micjo123

Just passed my physical recently so ill park myself here as well :) Hopefully we hear soon what the story is. Have everything done now - just a waiting game. Does anyone know if there is an intake in Sept? Im hearing different things - the instructor down in templemore passed a comment while we were filling out our medical forms for the fitness that next intake would be sept. Yet two weeks earlier, the sergeant and inspector told me that intakes would be in Aug and Nov - bit frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭mutter_man

Well this didn't take long to gather steam. Tallglass kudos for biting the bullet and opening it, I chickened out in case it resulted in an angry mob looking to string me up. Killer91 I'd echo Henry, ringing the local district office works a treat. We all have a long wait and frayed nerves, some longer than others. I know the feeling of waiting horrendous amounts of time of security clearance and here I am subjecting myself to it again. But for anyone who is having this rotten experience for the first time it will come to an end, just do your best to hold onto the reason you applied in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

parking myself here also

waiting for a date for the physical exam, i have an OOM from Sept 16 campaign of the early 1000's might have a squeak of making November?

In the meantime im saving and trying to get as fit as possible!

good luck all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭Chrisbellew

I'll move here too so, have all my stages done so it's just a waiting game for now

Its like groundhog day for me, back in another very similar waiting room. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 40 alanmacklin

ive a oom of just under 400 from september 2016 and the woman at hrm said its possible but she kept dropping hints on early next year which has me quite unsure...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭ArifI

HEY YOU GUYS!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

ArifI wrote: »
    HEY YOU GUYS!!!!

Don't f*cking push it Arifl

• Advertisement

At least I'll get a holiday in before starting in November

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    At least I'll get a holiday in before starting in November

Ohhhh where are we all going :p

Holiday does sound like a good plan alright. Nearly a year now since I got away, that's just not on :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭ArifI

mutter_man wrote: »
    Ohhhh where are we all going :p

Holiday does sound like a good plan alright. Nearly a year now since I got away, that's just not on :D

myself going to egypt

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Armysbarmy

congrats to all those who passed pct today. it looked like a great effort was put in by everyone.

Glad to hear things going well on the pct front. Assume that's you with little left to do but wait. Maybe super interview at most.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Armysbarmy

mutter_man wrote: »
    Glad to hear things going well on the pct front. Assume that's you with little left to do but wait. Maybe super interview at most.

yeah all done and dusted now thankfully. just gotta kick back and wait.

Well welcome to our waiting room. I'm the same well sign off aside but that goes for many and I've a nice tidy oom. Apologies our waiting room is friendly but there isn't even a flea infested sofa to sit on, you'll have to make do with a piece of floor over there by the mouldy rug :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 McGDaniel

Hi mutter_man,
    How long where you waiting on your medical from interview results and how long between medical and pct? I have been waiting nearly 7 weeks and still no word on medical. Just trying to find out a time line. My oom is low 400's.
    Thanks

McGDaniel wrote: »
    Hi mutter_man,
    How long where you waiting on your medical from interview results and how long between medical and pct? I have been waiting nearly 7 weeks and still no word on medical. Just trying to find out a time line. My oom is low 400's.
    Thanks

I had a medical invite within days of the interview. I had a few months to wait on pct but that was down to needing a medical report which i didn't have on the medical date. Oom in 100's. Could be a hiatus in running of medicals but if you haven't ring hrm and ask when you might get the invite for medical or whatever. There is not set time line but the gap between medical and pct can be fairly short and then on to your interviews if you haven't already done them. Your local district office arranges those. I rang my district office and they sorted it good and quick.

• Advertisement

I rang them two weeks ago and said medical dates haven't started yet. But read on another thread a guy has his next week. I don't want to be the guy who rings them every week annoying them Ha Ha. I'll ring them Friday if I don't hear anything this week. I hope it's soon enough. Thanks for the reply

First there's so much info on here and plenty of conflicting info you just have to be careful not to get wound up. Also that person could have got that date some time ago. The dates for med and pct do seem to come in blocks on and off.

Oh and as long as your polite and not on every day etc should not be too bad.

Yeah i noticed that there is a lot of conflicting info. Thanks for that I appreciate your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

Great idea to set this up. It gives us something to talk about and hope...if nothing else :) My OOM is early 600s and just waiting for physical and Sergeant and Super meeting.

got medically cleared last week after getting laser eye treatment. just waiting on the physical and meeting with the super. i was told that I'll likely be called in November. question for everyone really is that my contract at work runs out at the end of August and to be honest i'm sick to death of the place. would it look bad if i left after my contract expired and maybe done some travelling before November?

Damo1988 wrote: »
    got medically cleared last week after getting laser eye treatment. just waiting on the physical and meeting with the super. i was told that I'll likely be called in November. question for everyone really is that my contract at work runs out at the end of August and to be honest i'm sick to death of the place. would it look bad if i left after my contract expired and maybe done some travelling before November?

In the same boat as yourself
    On a contract which says I'm required to give a few months notice lol

No it wouldn't look bad at all, look bad to who? The interview is done and dusted you aren't answerable to anybody ;)
    My two cents

• Advertisement

Canyon86 wrote: »
    In the same boat as yourself
    On a contract which says I'm required to give a few months notice lol

No it wouldn't look bad at all, look bad to who? The interview is done and dusted you aren't answerable to anybody ;)
    My two cents
    Believe me I'd love to just hand in my notice in the morning and enjoy the next few months but obviously need the money!

Ah no I was just wondering i they found out that you walked out on a job if it would look bad

Believe me I'd love to just hand in my notice in the morning and enjoy the next few months but obviously need the money!

Ah no I was just wondering i they found out that you walked out on a job if it would look bad

Your not really walking out, your contract is up with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Chris871

Hi all, like Damo there I've only been cleared in the last two weeks after having Laser Eye surgery. My OOM is in the mid 100's from Sept 16 campaign, I've everything done bar the Pct at this stage. Is it safe enough to presume I'll be in the November intake? Also anybody know roughly speaking how much notice is given before the Physical?

Chris871 wrote: »
    Hi all, like Damo there I've only been cleared in the last two weeks after having Laser Eye surgery. My OOM is in the mid 100's from Sept 16 campaign, I've everything done bar the Pct at this stage. Is it safe enough to presume I'll be in the November intake? Also anybody know roughly speaking how much notice is given before the Physical?
    hey Chris my oom is in the low 400s from sept 16. When I rang last week to find out if they had received my eyesight report I was told that I'm being looked at for November. Say you'd have a really good chance of being called.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Sd82

hey Chris my oom is in the low 400s from sept 16. When I rang last week to find out if they had received my eyesight report I was told that I'm being looked at for November. Say you'd have a really good chance of being called.

Lads don't be going on what the super tells you. He told me May but my vetting still ongoing. Also people from the Jan 16 campaign if not already in would get preference if they haven't started yet

• Advertisement

Chris871 wrote: »

I hate to be sounding over cautious but assume nothing yet even with HRM staff saying positive things. The number of things that can change it on you are enough not to assume anything. I know from experience with a very similar situation to presume nothing. I certainly understand the desire to be free of a sh*t job and if its the right move by all means can it. But do not do so on the presumption you will have another in November. Only assume that when you actually have an email/ letter in your hand.

Sorry if I helped to rain on the parade but it would be negligent of me not to open my gob. That said you all sound like your well along in the process and I'm sure it will be over for yis soon. Hopefully we all have all elements done, vetting cleared and signed off by Commissioners office in time (Don't forget those last two are like pieces of string, no one seems to know how long they are).

Mutter Nutter;):cool:

Totally understand it's all about money these times and saving it

Your saving away now ya. ?

Canyon86 wrote: »
    Totally understand it's all about money these times and saving it

Your saving away now ya. ?
    Saving a small bit but can and should be saving more. Will be doing a nice bit of overtime now. I get paid monthly aswell which is a bit of a b@lls

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Sam4thehills

Any one left from January 2016. Still waiting on file to get signed off. It's hard to understand the system.

Any one left from January 2016. Still waiting on file to get signed off. It's hard to understand the system.

Hopefully all goign well with regards to my fitness test I should be in that boat on monday :cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bazz1000

We're all back here again :-P let's hope all nov 15 and Jan 16 get cleared out for this one. Best of luck to all for Nov campaign.
    Dreams will be made and hearts will be broken. It's a long road ( majority of us know ) but to new campaigners, keep the faith. Well get there at some point :-D

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    Hopefully all goign well with regards to my fitness test I should be in that boat on monday :cool::cool:

Jan 16 and still waiting on vetting. So there is 2 months to clear it , if not 3 .
    Fingers crossed

Saving a small bit but can and should be saving more. Will be doing a nice bit of overtime now. I get paid monthly aswell which is a bit of a b@lls

Same boat as yourself paid monthly is a tough one

To be honest I wouldn't be thinking your guaranteed for November. Sorry to burst your bubble but I was told I would be in line for may intake and yet, here I still am among others. Waiting 😣😣😣
    But you'd never know. Ppl have been lucky and sailed through quickly, so your luck could be in or out

Assume you are on a rolling contract ? If so you will be a lot more clear on where you stand by the end of august and can then decide. If not, you are not walking out simply moving on after your contract is complete. Either way that's 7 weeks away and hopefully there will be movement and you will have have everything done and dusted by then

• Advertisement
Advertisement