Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Trainee November 2017 intake

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Damo1988 wrote: »
    It was short notice. Thought I'd get at least one months notice! Contacted hrm this morning and they asked to send them an email so just have to wait and see.

Also for anyone else who may have vetting questions, I'm from the sept 2016 campaign and my oom is low 400s. I asked about my vetting and it's still ongoing

Good luck with the pct

You have a lower OOm than me by a good 700 places
    Time is slipping away for me for November
    I reckon there are loads ahead of me waiting for PCT s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Couple more weeks to go, I should really take a break from this forum, it would do my mental health the world of good :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭ArifI

exactly what i am doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

ArifI wrote: »
    exactly what i am doing.

Same, vetting still outstanding. I really have given up hope at this stage for November (mainly around vetting), at the age now where I need to get on with life.

Maybe a son or daughter might try follow the footsteps I never managed.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

TallGlass wrote: »
    Same, vetting still outstanding. I really have given up hope at this stage for November (mainly around vetting), at the age now where I need to get on with life.

Maybe a son or daughter might try follow the footsteps I never managed.

Keep the faith. You never know what the next few weeks will bring. Hopefully you'll get the start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭Chrisbellew

Wonder what way the vetting is done literally never been out of the country for longer than 2 weeks and I've lived in the same house since birth and my vetting had been outstanding since May, keep the faith anyway guys it's a week closer now!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 alanmacklin

Wonder what way the vetting is done literally never been out of the country for longer than 2 weeks and I've lived in the same house since birth and my vetting had been outstanding since May, keep the faith anyway guys it's a week closer now!

id love to know how it is done aswell. ive cousins in different countries and lived in two addresses and my vetting was completed in about a month maybe less.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bazz1000

Never know you might get lucky , or unlucky like myself , tall glass and many others and feel like a lifetime waiting. Miss this intake and it's 2 years of our lives gone. But come this far.
    Be like Liverpool saying " what's another year "
    Bit a bit of inside info for ye. There is a massive hold up in the vetting. Vetting office going mad like us cuz they constantly contacted by us but there in same boat. They have to wait for the info like us but are really going to push it over next few weeks.
    So keep the faith. You too tallglass. You'll get there and it will be worth it.
    Onwards and upwards.

Don't mean to sound like a prick, but that is a walk in the park, I can't even remember when mine started, might have been May last year, maybe even March. Funny thing is you'll get a place in November and I will be left out in cold as usual. It be funny, if it wasn't so serious.

TallGlass wrote: »
    Don't mean to sound like a prick, but that is a walk in the park, I can't even remember when mine started, might have been May last year, maybe even March. Funny thing is you'll get a place in November and I will be left out in cold as usual. It be funny, if it wasn't so serious.

When was your physical?? I heard somewhere vetting doesn't start until your physical has been passed. Mine was mid March. I assumed was interview but heard different.

• Advertisement

Here's to being another week closer

• Registered Users Posts: 18 smurph141

Im from jan 16 campaign.. passed my PCT at the start of July, just wonder is it just hrm in headquarters to ring and find out some info about my vetting? And also im wondering does anyone know if its possible to claim FIS while in training? Im a single parent and will be paying rent at home during my training. Ill tip into citizens advice but just wondering if anyone had an idea before i do.. Thanks

smurph141 wrote: »
    Im from jan 16 campaign.. passed my PCT at the start of July, just wonder is it just hrm in headquarters to ring and find out some info about my vetting? And also im wondering does anyone know if its possible to claim FIS while in training? Im a single parent and will be paying rent at home during my training. Ill tip into citizens advice but just wondering if anyone had an idea before i do.. Thanks

With regards to HRM and vetting just ring them and they'll forward you to the correct department. I'm pretty sure the'll be able to answer your query with regards to FIS too.

just to confirm, candidates receive their offers via email?

I may be out of the country when the offers are finally released so just wondering if there's anything that needs to be filled out and sent back when you receive your offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Cathyp

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    just to confirm, candidates receive their offers via email?

I may be out of the country when the offers are finally released so just wondering if there's anything that needs to be filled out and sent back when you receive your offer?

Wondering the same thing myself, I'll be away around that time too. When I met the super a while back he mentioned something about needing my correct address for an offer but from looking on here at offer time it looks like the majority of people get offers at the same time which would make me think it's emailed, not sure!! Jesus I just hope I get an offer though!!

Cathyp wrote: »
    Wondering the same thing myself, I'll be away around that time too. When I met the super a while back he mentioned something about needing my correct address for an offer but from looking on here at offer time it looks like the majority of people get offers at the same time which would make me think it's emailed, not sure!! Jesus I just hope I get an offer though!!

99% sure it's emailed, I just know that you receive an information pack that might have some forms etc that may need to be filled out and returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 caprisun22

I know the answer is in the forum already but to save me the hassle what is the projected timeline for first round offers?? my vetting just needs to be signed off dose that mean it is completed or what??

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭damob1995

any one a pct date for september yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 OLOB

I'm pretty sure the offer is through email, you get a certain amount of time to accept the offer and after you do that your information pack comes in the post as far as I know. I also rang HRM about my vetting and was told I'm just waiting to be signed off, so hoping that doesn't take too long, fingers crossed!!

caprisun22 wrote: »
    I know the answer is in the forum already but to save me the hassle what is the projected timeline for first round offers?? my vetting just needs to be signed off dose that mean it is completed or what??

First round offers are most likely to come out the week starting 18th September.

Awaiting sign off means that your vetting has returned from the vetting department and is just awaiting final review by senior management, in most cases this is a formality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭ArifI

First round offers are most likely to come out the week starting 18th September.

Awaiting sign off means that your vetting has returned from the vetting department and is just awaiting final review by senior management, in most cases this is a formality.

you in the same boat? hope things go positive for all of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Brian 92

Vetting still outstanding as of this morning . From September campaign with Oom low 200 . Starting to get doubtful for November . Really Is a painful all the waiting

Anyone who is awaiting final sign off hear anything recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Dub2468

Going to call in a few to see how my vetting is coming along, really hoping for November intake. Just wondering if anyone knows whats with the generally unsuitable letter?
    I'd be heartbroken to receive one of those .

Dub2468 wrote: »
    Going to call in a few to see how my vetting is coming along, really hoping for November intake. Just wondering if anyone knows whats with the generally unsuitable letter?

If you personally have some sort of criminal history etc or your family has a serious criminal history which could leave you open to exploitation then you may receive the dreaded generally unsuitable letter.

It is very uncommon for this to happen but it does happen

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Dub2468

Dub2468 wrote: »

If you personally have some sort of criminal history etc or your family has a serious criminal history which could leave you open to exploitation then you may receive the dreaded generally unsuitable letter.

It is very uncommon for this to happen but it does happen
    Ok thanks for your reply
    Shouldn't be any issues in relation to that.
    Ye I've seen 1 or 2 people getting them but not many. Thank God
    I will let you know if I get any additional info off hrm when I call.
    This waiting is like been a kid waiting for Christmas morning haha

Anyone ever heard of a follow interview with local station???? It's over 6 months since I had my interview with super.
    Worrying times for me.

bazz1000 wrote: »
    Anyone ever heard of a follow interview with local station???? It's over 6 months since I had my interview with super.
    Worrying times for me.

Follow up interview

bazz1000 wrote: »
    Worrying times for me.

Have heard of that before.

Could potentially be an issue that was discovered during the vetting process upon which the want some clarification. Perhaps wanting to ask what your relationship with a relative is etc?

Hope it goes well!

• Advertisement

Have heard of that before.

Could potentially be an issue that was discovered during the vetting process upon which the want some clarification. Perhaps wanting to ask what your relationship with a relative is etc?

Hope it goes well!

Ya I hope so too. This is going to wreck the head for couple days. Wish they would of asked me to come in today to get it over with.
    Hope won't be end of the road for me for something someone else has done in the past.
    But thanks for the heads up. Was unheard of by me.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 TriggerD

File signed off. From Jan 20q6 campaign oom low 1000s. Interview last October, Medical December and PCT in January. Missed out on Mays intake due to vetting ongoing, all boxed off now, hoping to hear good news in the coming weeks.

TriggerD wrote: »
    File signed off. From Jan 20q6 campaign oom low 1000s. Interview last October, Medical December and PCT in January. Missed out on Mays intake due to vetting ongoing, all boxed off now, hoping to hear good news in the coming weeks.

great news! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Sam4thehills

When did you find out it was signed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 C0693

How does OOM work? Do they clear earlier campaigns first or do we all get OOM in a big list? I'm from the Sept campaign with a low OOM so will someone from January with a higher OOM be given preference?

C0693 wrote: »
    How does OOM work? Do they clear earlier campaigns first or do we all get OOM in a big list? I'm from the Sept campaign with a low OOM so will someone from January with a higher OOM be given preference?

Older campaigns are given preference

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Damo1988

emailed hrm on thursday regarding my pct and the fact that i will be out of the country and never got a reply so i called them today. was given no answer whatsoever on whether the pct will be moved, cancelled or still go ahead. was just told i'll be contacted in due coarse. very frustrating given my flight is this friday and my pct is the following monday

Heard from a friend that at a stage 2 the lady from HRM stated that they are working on 1000 applicant vetting forms at the moment from across the various campaigns,

When did you find out it was signed off.

Called HRM today, got a nice lad on the phone, very helpful. My first call since May, when I was called practically every second day to see if my vetting had been completed.

Long time waiting.

Anyone have any idea if you can come home an extra day if you have children? Heard from a source that Trainee's with children do not have to check in on Sunday eve, but Monday morning? Can you go home for one night during the week?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Mauramol

When is next intake after November?

Mauramol wrote: »
    When is next intake after November?

February i think :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

TriggerD wrote: »

Anyone have any idea if you can come home an extra day if you have children? Heard from a source that Trainee's with children do not have to check in on Sunday eve, but Monday morning? Can you go home for one night during the week?

Speak to the welfare officer when you start in Templemore asap. As far as I know it all depends on your circumstances. I have kids also and I have been told what I said to you. I have heard of a friend of mine that has kids who went through Templemore as well that the Wednesday you get to go home after college and check in before your day starts again on Thursday morning. The day starts at 8:30am I believe.

Speak to the welfare officer when you start in Templemore asap. As far as I know it all depends on your circumstances. I have kids also and I have been told what I said to you. I have heard of a friend of mine that has kids who went through Templemore as well that the Wednesday you get to go home after college and check in before your day starts again on Thursday morning. The day starts at 8:30am I believe.

Perfect thanks, was told similar by a Trainee. Have a 5 month old, so as difficult as it will be away from her, an extra day would be great! Will take advantage of a full nights sleep down in the college :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dcan858

Unfortunately you are not eligible for FIS as garda trainees are not classed as employees until attested, they are classed as students.

Dcan858 wrote: »
    Unfortunately you are not eligible for FIS as garda trainees are not classed as employees until attested, they are classed as students.

Do you know if we get student cards?

Canyon86 wrote: »
    Do you know if we get student cards?

Can't see why not, last time I got one it was all very relaxed about colleges.. Mind you didn't use it all that much.

23 More Week days until the offers start going out.

I need a holiday

Anyone know if they give you a microsoft office licence whilst in templemore?

Fairly sure your out on your own for that one

if you dont want to spend loads of money on it get Open office. its pretty much the same.

Canyon86 wrote: »
    Fairly sure your out on your own for that one

Haha, I would imagine the same. Argos I think have keys fairly cheap last time I checked or give Office 365 a try.

• Advertisement
Advertisement