Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Trainee November 2017 intake

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Anyone any idea if there are intake next year and what months? If not I can fire off an email to a TD to find out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

TallGlass wrote:
    Anyone any idea if there are intake next year and what months? If not I can fire off an email to a TD to find out.

I'd assume the same. February, may, August and November.

No harm asking HRM?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Dub2468

Just wondering if anyone knows if hrm actually tell you your file is signed off?? seems everybody is told it's going for final checks or for sign off.

Dub2468 wrote:
    Just wondering if anyone knows if hrm actually tell you your file is signed off?? seems everybody is told it's going for final checks or for sign off.

They'll tell you if it's been signed off. They've just got a massive stack to work through at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Roysrovers

File signed off on after quite a while. From November 15 intake so hoping i'll get a call for next intake. Can somebody shed a light on the OOM procedure? Haven't seen many from November intake so wondering if I'd be before the january and september people even with my OOM being in 500s? Thanks

Roysrovers wrote: »
    File signed off on after quite a while. From November 15 intake so hoping i'll get a call for next intake. Can somebody shed a light on the OOM procedure? Haven't seen many from November intake so wondering if I'd be before the january and september people even with my OOM being in 500s? Thanks

Congrats!!!! :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Older campaigns are given priority and your campaign is more or less exhausted so you're pretty much guaranteed a spot in the November intake. :):)

MrBlack93 wrote: »

Holy **** that's a long ****ing wait!

Congrats!!!! :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Older campaigns are given priority and your campaign is more or less exhausted so you're pretty much guaranteed a spot in the November intake. :):)

Do you think we have a good chance of making November intake ?? been told that my file is gone for sign off and I've an oom of around 280 from Sept 16.

Thanks

With the way things are with medical defferals, medical failures, fitness failures, fitness defferals, outstanding vetting and no-shows anything is possible.

Low oom of 200 myself, going by previous intakes I'm very confident at being offered a place but I'm also prepared for the possibility that I might not be called.

It's all a waiting game sadly. Putting my life on hold for this.
    Dub2468 wrote: »
    Do you think we have a good chance of making November intake ?? been told that my file is gone for sign off and I've an oom of around 280 from Sept 16.

Thanks

I can't say anything with any level of certainty but in my opinion I think you're in a good position for a potential november offer

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Sam4thehills

November 15 and January 16 are the same campaign

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Many here from the September 2016 campaign ?

So there are 2 campaigns possibly ahead of me so ? 2015 and Jan 2016?

• Advertisement

Canyon86 wrote: »
    Many here from the September 2016 campaign ?

So there are 2 campaigns possibly ahead of me so ? 2015 and Jan 2016?

Think that poster made an error, the last campaign before jan 2016 was in 2014 I believe and that campaign has been exhausted.

Think that poster made an error, the last campaign before jan 2016 was in 2014 I believe and that campaign has been exhausted.

Potential confusion on my behalf. I originally applied in November 15 when the campaign opened so would that put me in the January campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dcan858

There's still a few from the 2013 campaign due to deferrals etc and may get priority for each upcoming intake.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Amurtagh

Potential confusion on my behalf. I originally applied in November 15 when the campaign opened so would that put me in the January campaign?

Yeah it would! Campaign closed applications in January. I'm also from the January 16 campaign waiting for intake.

Amurtagh wrote: »
    Yeah it would! Campaign closed applications in January. I'm also from the January 16 campaign waiting for intake.

Whats your OOM? Is there many from that campaign still?

Whats your OOM? Is there many from that campaign still?

OOM is early 1000.. I don't know to be honest but I really don't think So! I was pushed back because I was on holidays for my first interview date and then had to get a deferral for eye surgery after the medical. I imagine it would just be people in a similar boat to me with small push backs and that.😊

Amurtagh wrote: »
    OOM is early 1000.. I don't know to be honest but I really don't think So! I was pushed back because I was on holidays for my first interview date and then had to get a deferral for eye surgery after the medical. I imagine it would just be people in a similar boat to me with small push backs and that.😊

In the high 500s myself and been waiting all this time due to vetting. Really hoping its the end of the application process this round of offers!

In the high 500s myself and been waiting all this time due to vetting. Really hoping its the end of the application process this round of offers!

Awh that is such a pain! Please God it is! I was talking to HRM the other day and they said the offers won't go out for November until the last week of September/ first week of October.. giving just 3-4 weeks notice. Another month of waiting to do at least...ugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 AlisonT123

Mid May when I had my physical there was 10 no shows on the day, so if you take into account people repeating Medicals,physicals, no shows and people from older intakes that may give a rough idea of what intake you could be put in. usually 200 in each intake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭smiley963

Just to make you aware. Don't take everything HRM say for granted.
    1. Update on vetting was told waiting to be signed off. Two weeks ago.

2. Last week informed vetting still outstanding

3. This week informed vetting waiting to be signed off and there's about 150's candidates waiting to be signed.

So take what you want from that. Sept 16 campaign meself.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Marck

Just got word my vetting has been signed off on !! Oom late 500s hoping for november but realistically February.

Marck wrote: »
    Just got word my vetting has been signed off on !! Oom late 500s hoping for november but realistically February.
    You could be lucky, fingers crossed anyway. Did u just ring them and they said it was signed off ?

Congrats! Great news! What campaign are you from?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 paddyp123

Congrats....How do they tell you it's signed off?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Galgal2017

Hi - I have OOM in 800s.  I've been through medical, met with Superintd and have a date for my physical in 2 weeks.  Any idea if I'll get in the Nov intake? When is the first 2018 intake do you know? Also, I see a lot of you have made contact with HRM.  What's the email address and/or contact number?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Galgal2017

Hi - I have OOM in 800s.  I've been through medical, met with Superintd and have a date for my physical in 2 weeks.  Any idea if I'll get in the Nov intake? When is the first 2018 intake do you know? Also, I see a lot of you have made contact with HRM.  What's the email address and/or contact number?

Galgal2017 wrote: »

Howdy,

If your vetting is clear then you might stand some chance. But there's alot waiting below 800 as far as I can see but you really never know what all the defferals no shows and failures.

The number for HRM is below. Ask for appointments.

01-6662571

Next intake after november is assumed to be February.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 BonBon101

When do people think the offers will come out for November intake?

BonBon101 wrote: »

Heard middle of September but who knows really, and there is a second round

BonBon101 wrote: »

Going by previous patterns it'll be most likely the week of the 18th of september that offers will start going out. If not then it'll be the following week.

• Advertisement

At least the boxing on saturday will help take my mind off this painful waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Sd82

Vetting is now back for senior management review. Does anyone know what this means? Is this just a high level review before it goest to the commissioners office

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Marck

Sd82 wrote: »
    Vetting is now back for senior management review. Does anyone know what this means? Is this just a high level review before it goest to the commissioners office

Senior management has signed off on your file on behalf of the commisioners office. Your just waiting to be assigned to an intake now relative to your OOM

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Clono

The brother is a guard he told me today that a lad up where he is stationed got a letter on Tuesday just home inviting him to temple more to start in October. Has anyone heard of anymore being offered in October?

Clono wrote: »
    The brother is a guard he told me today that a lad up where he is stationed got a letter on Tuesday just home inviting him to temple more to start in October. Has anyone heard of anymore being offered in October?

very interesting indeed, but i'd take that with a pinch of salt

Some of these anecdotal stories are often a game of chinese whispers where things get miscommunicated.

All offers for starting in Templemore are given through email so if true there must be something very unique about that person, possibly a deferral from a previous intake or something would be my best guess.

By start date in october that's probably a miscommunication as one of the induction weeks will be in october so it's still the November intake that's being referenced (Not an additional intake in october)

Another week closer lads, you could cut the tension with a knife!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Damo1988

Think I've been preparing for my Pct wrong! For the shuttle run id take two cones and walk out 20 paces but I have a feeling it's longer than that! Am I right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭Chrisbellew

Damo1988 wrote: »
    Think I've been preparing for my Pct wrong! For the shuttle run id take two cones and walk out 20 paces but I have a feeling it's longer than that! Am I right?

The actual bleep test is 20 metres which is 65 feet give or take I believe, that's the measurement I used

Anyone waiting for final sign off wanna call and see if files are signed off yet?

Really want this waiting to be over!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Vitaliy

Anyone waiting for final sign off wanna call and see if files are signed off yet?

Really want this waiting to be over!

Waiting to be signed off too, will ring them on the 1st of next month.

• Advertisement

With the Boxing over this weekend and Game of Thrones finishing up today I'll have nothing major to look forward to between now and offers :pac::pac::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Garda Pay

Does anybody know what the new recruits would be paying into a pension from there wages?

with the starting figure at 28,405 upon attestation im trying to work out the weekly figure,

I know ppl pay 29euro approx single for medical aid,

What would they pay weekly to a pension? Im clueless to pension payments myself

28405 would be 465weekly in a normal job outside of AGS, after medical aid and pension would we be looking at 400 a week?

Thanks!

Just trying to get a fix on where I am oom wise,

Is there anyone here remaining from the January 16 campaign still waiting on an offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Clono

Just trying to get a fix on where I am oom wise,

Is there anyone here remaining from the January 16 campaign still waiting on an offer?

Not from January but I am in the 400's if that helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭blueforce89

I'm under OOM 50 from Sep 16. All signed off and file complete. Hoping for a Nov date.

I'm under OOM 50 from Sep 16. All signed off and file complete. Hoping for a Nov date.

Was your file complete at the time of the august offers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭blueforce89

No, last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 alanmacklin

oom of just under 400 from sep 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Sd82

I am still waiting Jan 16, 800's Oom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bazz1000

Still here
    Vetting not cleared
    Jan oom early 1000

Advertisement