Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working Hours, Rest Days, Shift work

Options
  • 28-06-2017 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for advice on this.

I have worked ten days in a row. 8 hours per day average. I was due to have two rest days tomorrow and friday. And my weekend saturday and sunday. The rest days were put into the holidays book.

But one of the men is after ringing in sick and im after being told i have to cover the shift tomorrow from 4pm to 4am. Is this allowed?

Also, in times past i have been told an hour or two before that i had to cover another 8 hour shift. Is this allowed? I said this to the supervisor before but he said its in my contract.

All it says in my contract is that i am expected to be flexible from time to time?

Can people help? Because im going in tomorrow and want to have a little knowledge beforehand.

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement