Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV outdoor

Options
  • 28-06-2017 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭

I looking for a single CCTV camera for the front porch, Its outdoor but sheltered. I'd like to be able to use an app to look at it, it should have sound and possibly two way. It can get wireless.

Any suggestion, I dont really want to put in a full infrastructure but do want it to be able to record when were are away for a weekend.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

There are lots of IP camera options. What do you mean by 2 way?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

onedmc wrote: »
    I looking for a single CCTV camera for the front porch, Its outdoor but sheltered. I'd like to be able to use an app to look at it, it should have sound and possibly two way. It can get wireless.

Any suggestion, I dont really want to put in a full infrastructure but do want it to be able to record when were are away for a weekend.

What about a ring doorbell. Have a look at this thread, offers two way talk as you require plus can have cloud storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭onedmc

By 2 way I mean I can also speak.

yea I've seen the doorbell might be a possibility but a few bad reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

I have regular cctv on the house...I have also put the ring cam on front porch and it works fantastic..the camera sends an alert to your phone and you can speak to whoever is at the door...caught my first attempted car break in recently ...was able to warn robber off from comfort of my bedroom, guards came and took screenshots and picked him up In another estate a few hours later...
    Many cameras like ring out there the only reason I went with that one was that it's rechargeable and the charge lasts months...no more waiting in for deliveries as I can speak to drivers and tell them to leave it elsewhere or in neighbors..
    I will be installing a ring doorbell in my parents house this weekend....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Hik vision do a cool door phone with camera.

http://www.hikvision.com/en/Products_accessries_749_i6017.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

alta stare wrote:
    Hik vision do a cool door phone with camera.

They might do, their CCTV is great but speaking as a professional, with what I have heard about their Intercoms, I would not rush in to buy any just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

kub wrote: »
    They might do, their CCTV is great but speaking as a professional, with what I have heard about their Intercoms, I would not rush in to buy any just yet.

Yeah, stay clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

kub wrote: »

I know they are fairly new here to it but they do work to be fair. I as you work in the security industry so iv seen the potential of their units. Im not saying they are brilliant just mentioning they are out there and are a cool range.

Advertisement