Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Island Key Apartments in East wall

Options
  • 28-06-2017 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all, Does anybody know what it is like to live in the Island Key apartments in East wall?

They look really nice.I am thinking of renting there but was wondering if it is a noisy area as there are a lot of blocks very close together.

Would really appreciate any feedback from people who live or have lived there?

Jazzy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Tuhula

Hi,

Used to live there for 5 years. I wouldnt say it was noisey, but maybe I was lucky with the block I was in.

Its great location wise, short walk to luas and bus right outside.

Negatives - i witnessed a lot of anti social behaviour by kids - not adults. Found the kids very rude in the area. Lots of social housing in the area which wouldnt bother me but just the kids that were living there or just in the area were little tow rags!
    Also, alot of people messing in the carpark even though it was secured by a gate. Kids also trying to gain access to the roof top garden that didnt live there so constantly kids buzzing the apartment saying they 'lived' there but didnt just so that they could go to the roof top garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jazzy times

Hi Tuhula, Thanks for that feedback. When did you live there? Was it recently? I was wondering how it is now in 2017?I took a walk around the area the other night and noticed there are a lot of children on that particular street.It's a pity they don't have a place for the children to play in rather than on the apartment grounds.Would you say it is more for families and children than singles? I lead a very quiet life so I am hoping to find something quiet but like you say, it can also depend on the block you are living in:)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Tuhula

Hi Tuhula, Thanks for that feedback. When did you live there? Was it recently? I was wondering how it is now in 2017?I took a walk around the area the other night and noticed there are a lot of children on that particular street.It's a pity they don't have a place for the children to play in rather than on the apartment grounds.Would you say it is more for families and children than singles? I lead a very quiet life so I am hoping to find something quiet but like you say, it can also depend on the block you are living in:)

I moved about 2 years ago and havent been back in the area since so cant say. The block I was in didnt seem to have any families and neither did the block attached to us. So it would be suited to you I would think. . personally the anti social behaviour by the kids was a major annoyance for me when living there but it might be different now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jazzy times

Thanks. I guess they really should have a designated area for the children to play rather than allowing them to get up to mischief around the complex. Where there are kids there will always be noise. I would hate to move in and then find out it is very noisy. I will have do some more research. It is always good to talk to people who actually live there to hear what they have to say bout it.;)

Advertisement