Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc echo internal bell

Options
  • 28-06-2017 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi all just got a hkc sw 8-12 i am going to install this in my shed about 150 foot away i am wondering if i run a wire from the panel in shed to my house connected to hkc echo will it work at this distance as i dont want to be paying monitoring company or gsm its just if an intruder got into the shed and i was asleep at home that id be alerted when alarm was triggerd thanks again

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Should work.
    Whats the distance?
    If you can get the cable to your panel you could common the negatives & take the positive from your alarm & the negative trigger from the shed.
    Another option would be an output from the panel into a relay and into a zone on your house alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi all just got a hkc sw 8-12 i am going to install this in my shed about 150 foot away i am wondering if i run a wire from the panel in shed to my house connected to hkc echo will it work at this distance as i dont want to be paying monitoring company or gsm its just if an intruder got into the shed and i was asleep at home that id be alerted when alarm was triggerd thanks again

150 foot should be fine.
    Just make sure cable is shielded if coming into the house with a mains supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Fergusonk65

Distance is exactly 156 feet i dont want to tie it into my house alarm just want the sounder in my hallway that when alarm triggers i hear it in the house is 4 core alarm cable ok to run that distance though

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Should be fine. You could double up on the pairs if there's much of a voltage drop.

Distance is exactly 156 feet i dont want to tie it into my house alarm just want the sounder in my hallway that when alarm triggers i hear it in the house is 4 core alarm cable ok to run that distance though

How are you getting the cable between the house and shed?

• Advertisement

I'd also say use an SB1 it will trigger off lower voltages if there is a drop off.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Make sure to protect the cable as you don't want it to rot in damp Irish soil or degrade if clipped to the wall

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Fergusonk65

altor wrote: »
    How are you getting the cable between the house and shed?

Feild we own seperating was going to bury it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Evolution1 wrote: »
    Make sure to protect the cable as you don't want it to rot in damp Irish soil or degrade if clipped to the wall

+1 on this. Also use good quality cable ran in electroflex and all should be good for a long time.

Id recommend using a poly poly cable if you are planning on burying the cable.

• Advertisement

If you are going to that bother run a few good quality multi core cables.
    5 Pair 0.5 Poly PJ Poly Cable or 10 pair to future proof & give you plenty of options.

Advertisement