Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV PROBLEM

Options
  • 28-06-2017 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hello everyone,.got a problem hope someone can solve for me. I've got a HD CCTV system which I have set up and is running perfectly I can view the cameras on my phone with a seperate app when on the home WIFI but when I go on mobile broadband or another WIFI I can't view the cameras..Is there anybody give me a step by step guide to do this as have been googling but it makes no sense to me as im no way tech minded thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Has the manufacturer given any information on how to achieve this? Usually involves opening ports in your router and using a dynamic DNS service.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You will need either the above or a fixed IP address on your broadband connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tracx

degsie wrote: »
    Has the manufacturer given any information on how to achieve this? Usually involves opening ports in your router and using a dynamic DNS service.

Hi ,

No I never got any details from the the supplier, the manual has very space details and doesn't give much.

KoolKid wrote: »
    You will need either the above or a fixed IP address on your broadband connection.

Hi xmcan you tell me how I go about getting this type of address I'm not very technically minded when it comes to this sort of thing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

What brand is it?

You might be able to connect it via a cloud service which doesn't require port forwarding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

tracx wrote: »
    Hello everyone,.got a problem hope someone can solve for me. I've got a HD CCTV system which I have set up and is running perfectly I can view the cameras on my phone with a seperate app when on the home WIFI but when I go on mobile broadband or another WIFI I can't view the cameras..Is there anybody give me a step by step guide to do this as have been googling but it makes no sense to me as im no way tech minded thanks in advance

As well as having a static IP or ddns you need to port forward the DVR, here is a site to look at which will explain all that.

What brand is it?

You might be able to connect it via a cloud service which doesn't require port forwarding.

the box and unit is say IQ CCTV IQR8D H.264 NETWORK DVR it works perfect on home WiFi just not on mobile data

the box and unit is say IQ CCTV IQR8D H.264 NETWORK DVR it works perfect on home WiFi just not on mobile data

In the network configuration menu, is there an option for a cloud service?

Just had a look online. There us no cloud service for that DVR. Yu need to set up the DNS service and open the required ports. If you're not familiar with port forwarding it can break your heart so it could save you a lot of hardship by paying someone to do it for you.

• Advertisement

Hi will try this and let you know thanks

Details of he unit that I have I followed that video and those details were inputted already but no changr

Details of he unit that I have I followed that video and those details were inputted already but no changr

There are follow on videos in the link, did you complete those also?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

To honest I had a similar problem a couple of years back nearly broke my heart trying to get it going...turned out I needed to contact phone company for a fixed IP address...
    In the end I got the local alarm company to do it for me ..had it up and going in couple of hours fixed a bit of a blur I had on one of the cameras as well.
    Well worth the 100 Euro it cost because I was about to **** the lot out the window 😬

There are follow on videos in the link, did you complete those also?

Just after seeing the link will check it out and get back to you thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

You need to get your ip address by going to whatsmyip.com or a similar site this is your external ip, also contact your isp about getting a static ip if you dont already have one.

You then need to find out what ports need forwarding, this information should be on the dvr or in the manual.

Next step is to access the router and go to the relevant section for port forwarding (every router is different) Enter the correct port addresses and save.

Next go to the app and stick in your external ip address which is the ip you got from whatsmyip.com. You will also need to enter some information regarding port addresses. This will be the same port addresses you configured for the router.

My explanation is a generalisation of the process involved so it may not be as straight cut as that but it is very doable.

A good site for help on portforwarding is portforward.com.

Advertisement