Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Micromachines World Series

Options
  • 28-06-2017 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭

So this is out on Friday 30th June. It looks just as fun if not more fun than the older micromachines games

You can preorder it fro €26.99 on ps plus before midnight thursday might, otherwise its €30.

You can catch a live stream now here:

https://www.twitch.tv/actrollvision

Heres the trailer:

If anyone wants to play it on psn my username is:
    waveformIRL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

The original was great. Always a nightmare when you turned to go from the top of the screen to the bottom and pressing left on the controller meant going right on screen.

micro-machines-codemasters-2-vg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Toybox Turbos on PC is 3.74 in steam sale atm

Codemasters made it, its very good.

Dont think I would shell out 30 for Micro when Toybox exists.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

26.99 is steeeep.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

V2 was better than the original

And I'm guessing here....but maybe...the first EVER 8-player local game ?
    It had 2 extra ports for 2 more joypads....and you could then have 2 players share a joypad.
    The cars would go automatically and 1 player used LEFT/RIGHT and his team mate used A/C

Some of the best local multiplayer action you could get back in day.
    There was nothing else that came close to it on Megadrive or SNES

mDfdoI-3_x37CH9nCGHmWKg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

On Steampowered, it says you get skins if you pre-order;

resize4.jpg?t=1498668582

• Advertisement

the_syco wrote: »
    On Steampowered, it says you get skins if you pre-order
    Was going to get this, but I think I'll wait for a review from the likes of maybe TotalBiscuit first, before I decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I preordered this on Amazon for £19.99 sterling because fcuk you Smyths charging €29.99.

I know it's not too expensive on psn right now but I do like a physical copy.

The lads on PlayStation Access were doing a 4 player co op and it looked a LOT of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

the_syco wrote: »
    Was going to get this, but I think I'll wait for a review from the likes of maybe TotalBiscuit first, before I decide.

I'd only get it if I had mates who'd wanna come around and play it too with a few beers.
    Ok...that sounds a bit weird and lonely :P billy no mates ! :)
    It's not that I don't have mates..it's that I don't have any who'd be interested in playing this locally .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Even allowing for the fact that the original was based on a brand of toys, the advertising looks so invasive in this that it's pretty repugnant. Cheers Hasbro, but you can keep your foam gun products.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Doge

Well I'm enjoying it so far anyway. It could be better but itd a lot of fun for the price. Much better than that bland Table Top Racing thats for sure.

Fieldog wrote: »

To be fair though I don't think this was ever going to receive a lot of praise from reviewers being a budget title and the stupidly high expectations that the franchise brings.

Personally I bought it to play locally and online with buddies with a few beers. Realistically this is where a game like this shines.

Have a look at the YouTube clip from PlayStation Access. 4 of them on the couch for 15 or 20 minutes trying different game modes and havin the craic. A few beers later they'd have been tearing the hair off each other. Lol.

I'm not saying that eurogamer don't have some valid points but for me this is one not to overthink.

Meh. Sounds like someone who remembers the original MM with rose tinted glasses. He compares it to ToyBox a bit; I didn't get ToyBox as it wasn't what I'd be looking for. MM would be, though.

In saying that, I haven't read EuroGamer reviews in a very long time as they were generally useless. Would go by what mates play, and a few YouTube personalities that I agree with.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Wow

being English used to get you +2 points on EG. No matter how **** your game was.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

But does it have Violet Berlin? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

played this a lot this weekend with my sons. so much fun. it's crazy it's taken an old franchise to get back to why gaming was so much fun, hence why i couldn't wait for this to come out. also bought crash bandicoot for the memories. great games!!

played this a lot this weekend with my sons. so much fun. it's crazy it's taken an old franchise to get back to why gaming was so much fun, hence why i couldn't wait for this to come out. also bought crash bandicoot for the memories. great games!!

I'll buy crash when it's a bit cheaper. It's a bit on the pricey side for me right now. I'm in no immediate rush to play it. It does look good though.

Micro Machines on the other hand I am dying to get my hands on. Glad you had fun with it with your sons. Local multiplayer is gonna be class with this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

I'll buy crash when it's a bit cheaper. It's a bit on the pricey side for me right now. I'm in no immediate rush to play it. It does look good though.

Micro Machines on the other hand I am dying to get my hands on. Glad you had fun with it with your sons. Local multiplayer is gonna be class with this one!

Bought crash for £25 in a pre sale 4 months ago, and micro machines for 20. Really enjoying both. Great fun!

Bought crash for £25 in a pre sale 4 months ago, and micro machines for 20. Really enjoying both. Great fun!

I don't really have time for both right now tbh. Just picked up Tomb Raider for €9 on psn. I'm about a third way through Xenoblade on Wii U and I'm knee deep in Tekken 7.

Plus Destiny 2 is only what 8 weeks away which means divorce could actually happen. God damn you Destiny. God damn you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Seems ok online so far, the problem is the AI opponents are absolute bastards. Seems totally unfair.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Toybox Turbos was better. This game really lacks content

I didn't play toybox turbos. It was from Codemasters as well though right?

But because it isn't carry the Micromachines name it didn't sell.

To be honest I can see Micromachines tanking sales wise and becoming incredibly cheap in a few months time.

That said I'm really enjoying it so far. Yes there should be a career mode of some sort but other than that the content is there. Battle, race, elimination and the all important 4 player couch mode.

What else do you want for a budget title?

I paid €23 ish For this on Amazon. It's not exactly expensive so I'm happy with the content personally.

Can not wait to have a 4 player beer induced session with a few mates.

I'll definately play 23 hours worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Doge

Sneaky bastards! I didn't even know Toybox Turbos existed. They should have included the tracks from that and expanded on it in Micromachines.

Doge wrote: »
    Sneaky bastards! I didn't even know Toybox Turbos existed. They should have included the tracks from that and expanded on it in Micromachines.

I don't think many people did myself included.

The name Micromachines carries weight in fairness.

Advertisement