Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Area suggestion (Cuil Duin)citywest dublin 24

Options
  • 28-06-2017 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,
    Could some one please advise below.
    Does anyone have information of how secure and safe Cuil duin area in citywest. It is a border to saggart and citywest. I am Interested in buying but want to know the pros and cons. Heard fortunestown is rough and is near by will that make any difference?
    Your suggestions will be be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭rosmoke

Fortunestown is quite rough ... as in I'd never buy a house here:
    - houses being robbed in day time
    - there was a car burning 2 years ago near my house
    - every 2 months there is someone doing doughnuts with their car
    - kids dangerously speed driving motocross bikes every few weeks, very noisy as well ..
    - someone got shot last year
    - a fella was playing gta in real life a few weeks ago and got caught in citywest shopping centre with a machine gun
    - there are neighbours that don't allow their kids to go out and play in front of their house with others and I'd do the same to be honest

I live on the other side of the luas.
    Don't know much about Cuil Duin, but it is looking very nice and I just hope it has good security, I remember reading somewhere about 24/24 security ... that would be crucial I'd say.
    House prices around here compete with Jobstown, Finglas for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭_brendand_

I would personally not buy in Fortunestown/Citywest. Go out to Saggart/Rathcoole and the houses are similarly priced but the areas are far safer

Advertisement