Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPAR FitLive 5k/10k Run - Dublin - 15th July

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

Thanks a mil for that!

Do you know where we pick up our numbers prior to the event? I said no to postage and will prob regret it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭racersedge

Pink11 wrote: »
    Thanks a mil for that!

Do you know where we pick up our numbers prior to the event? I said no to postage and will prob regret it :D

You might of gotten an e-mail from them, if not, they e-mailed out a booklet with their time and structure of the day. Probably gives you an inclination as to when numbers would be picked up.

I did go for the postage as I'm doing it with my wife. Hoping they will send them both out on the one postal order! :D

Thanks for that link. We can collect number on morning of the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭smashiner

Does anyone know if you can enter this race on the morning of the race, as I can now do this now due to sea swimming in Dublin Bay being cancelled due to Lions Mane jellyfish being sighted there.

I reckon that the jellyfish probably won't get me on the Chesterfield avenue !

I tried to drop the race organizer an email earlier today but no reply, do you think it is worth my while showing up tomorrow morning with the entry fee and trying my luck?

Hi, I had a look on the links we got emailed over the past week: https://www.fitlive.ie/spar-fitlive-run-series/

It doesn't say specifically but you can change distance and there's a helpdesk opening at 9am. Maybe they might let you register there and then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭racersedge

Last email I got from them, which linked to the active parctipant list did have a line saying late registrations would be available on the day for full price. However they did neglect to list a time cut off so if your interested, it would be worth getting down early.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Fair dues to Al Porter who ran 18.28 in the 5k. New respect!

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭macinalli

Fair dues to Al Porter who ran 18.28 in the 5k. New respect!

I'm a bit suspicious of that to be honest! His gross time is 18.28, but his chip time was 16.18. Basically means that he crossed the line 2 mins 10 secs after the gun, and then ran a time that was 50 seconds faster than the race winner!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭The Davestator

macinalli wrote: »
    I'm a bit suspicious of that to be honest! His gross time is 18.28, but his chip time was 16.18. Basically means that he crossed the line 2 mins 10 secs after the gun, and then ran a time that was 50 seconds faster than the race winner!

I was watching the 5k start after I finished the 10k and he cruised across the line towards the back of the pack so if he did that time, I'd be very impressed as he had a lot of traffic ahead of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭smashiner

racersedge wrote: »
    Last email I got from them, which linked to the active parctipant list did have a line saying late registrations would be available on the day for full price. However they did neglect to list a time cut off so if your interested, it would be worth getting down early.

Thanks racersedge & Pink11, I went and started to get my gear ready on Friday night and planned to head down the following morning and then out of nowhere, my stomach started to do cartwheels! I woke up on the morning of the race feeling dreadful and decided to skip it, which was a shame as I would have liked to run it as I like the PP for races.

On a positive note I did a decent LSR on Sunday morning and plan to aim for a HM in the coming weeks ;)

Sounds like a good event, conditions seemed warm and a bit windy??

• Advertisement
Advertisement