Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much of the V5C

• 28-06-2017 8:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭

I know it's been asked to many times but I just want to make sure.
    When I'm buying the bike, i take the full V5C, including the bottom piece.
    I'm buying private so will I need a receipt or will the ferry ticket do.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

hairyslug wrote: »
    I know it's been asked to many times but I just want to make sure.
    When I'm buying the bike, i take the full V5C, including the bottom piece.
    I'm buying private so will I need a receipt or will the ferry ticket do.

Get all of it yes.
    They looked for ferry tickets,receipt, p60 and a bank statement off me before Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭Philipx

Not quite correct.

Seller retains blue section V5C/4 which they complete & forward to DVLA.

a7SoOe.jpg

You keep the rest which you will require for VRT.

Ferry ticket will need to show registration of bike, no harm to get receipt from seller either. Handwritten will do

Hang on to the blue bit as well hairyslug,less hassle for you if u do.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭MLC_biker

Seller needs Export piece, otw will keep getting MOT and tax demands, and may not hand anything over. For VRT here they only need the main page. Speaking from experience as I did it all in the last month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭Philipx

MLC_biker wrote: »
    Seller needs Export piece, otw will keep getting MOT and tax demands, and may not hand anything over. For VRT here they only need the main page. Speaking from experience as I did it all in the last month.

Absolutely correct, buyer or VRT don't need the blue slip, but seller needs to notify DVLA of export.

I do this most every day!

• Advertisement

the blue section above is to be sent to the dvla by the uk owner if he is personally exporting the vehicle.
    no need for him to send it off if the op is the new owner.

blade1 wrote: »
    the blue section above is to be sent to the dvla by the uk owner if he is personally exporting the vehicle.
    no need for him to send it off if the op is the new owner.

The UK owner is responsible for tax unless DVLA are informed the bike is no longer in the UK. So he has to send blue piece back. OP doesn't need it, does the OP want the bother of returning it ? From the sellers perspective he is 'personally exporting the vehicle'

The UK owner is responsible for tax unless DVLA are informed the bike is no longer in the UK. So he has to send blue piece back. OP doesn't need it, does the OP want the bother of returning it ? From the sellers perspective he is 'personally exporting the vehicle'

Seller can send a note to DVLA.
    No need to send section 11.
    Are you saying it has to be sent to DVLA by UK seller?

Yes. Section 11 is Notification of Permanent Export

Well u are wrong.
    I have brought section 11 home with me so it doesn't have to be sent by seller.
    This is taken from the DVLA site

What to do if you are selling your vehicle privately to someone that does not have a GB address

You should fill in sections 6 and 10 with the new keeper’s name and address.
    Both you and the new keeper (buyer) must sign and date the declaration in section 8.
    Give the whole V5C to the new keeper to aid registration abroad.
    You should then send a signed letter to DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1AG giving the vehicle’s registration number, the make and model of the vehicle, the date of sale or transfer, and the name and address of the new keeper.
    Once we know about the change of keeper, you should receive an acknowledgement letter to confirm that you are no longer responsible for the vehicle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,782 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

It is a notice of Permanent Export - by the existing owner. Does not apply to the case where the buyer (Irish guy in this case) is a new owner and exporting it.

OP - Get the whole thing. That export slip is actually irrelevant.

I would advise you to tell the seller - before you get there - to ring the DVLA so that he has it from them what he has to do. All he has to do is send the DVLA a note - that's it. No forms or anything. Did it myself only a few months ago.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭hairyslug

I downloaded the DVLA brochure, can't find the link but I've added a screenshot of the brochure page in question.
    Looks like i take it all

I downloaded the DVLA brochure, can't find the link but I've added a screenshot of the brochure page in question.
    Looks like i take it all

YES!!!!!!!:pac:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Looks like i take it all

Take the whole lot and seller sends letter in.

Confusing for the seller as they usually keep the front page and send it in - although this can be done online too now - not sure if it breaks the system if they try and notify of sale to a non-GB buyer.

If you're having that much trouble getting the whole cert, just get the front half at the very least (sections 1-8), that's got all the vitals on it, the second page is just notification slips for various things.

The DVLA booklet was INS160. Can't find a currently published copy, but do have 3 old ones.

You can see a discussion I had about it here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056973809

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭hairyslug

I'm just completing the declaration for registration of a new/used vehicle and have a few questions

EU type approval directive: what do I fill in here, there is an M1 vehicles and NON M1 vehicles noise/emissions box beside it.

Country of origin: UK or Japan?
    Country whence consigned? UK or Japan?

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

I'm just completing the declaration for registration of a new/used vehicle and have a few questions

EU type approval directive: what do I fill in here, there is an M1 vehicles and NON M1 vehicles noise/emissions box beside it.

Country of origin: UK or Japan?
    Country whence consigned? UK or Japan?

Kept my copy when I brought my bike over...

EU type approval directive: left this blank
    Country of origin: UK
    Country whence consigned? UK

Advertisement