Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noise Issue

Options
  • 28-06-2017 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭

Hi, this is a bit of an unusual one. I'm renting an apartment for the last 4 years. In the last couple of weeks, someone seems to have bolted a basketball hoop to a wall right beside my apartment. I doubt they got permission. Anyway, every fine evening I have to listen to a ball bouncing and then clanging on the hoop for hours on end. It's gets old really quickly. Should I complain to the management company or am I a crank?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

Complain. No one has any idea how distressing it is to have to constantly listen to the thumping of a ball unless they've experienced it. You're not a crank.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Definitely complain. Ideally with a suggestion of where the hoop could be moved to so it won't annoy anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Just FYI, your landlord is obliged under law to speak to the management company regarding any complaints. This is firmly in that category. You can bring it up with the management company to short circuit the process but they don't have an obligation to deal with you as you're not the owner of the property.

Advertisement