Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamsat test centre locations

Options
  • 28-06-2017 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi I am sitting GAMSAT this September in Dublin (Ireland) for the first time. I will have to travel to Dublin for the exam and so will need to book accommodation.

Just wondering could anyone tell me previous test centre locations in Dublin so I can book accommodation nearby.

ACER wouldn't disclose any information about it but I need to book some where soon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Celestial12

I'm in the same position! Sitting the exam in September for the first time, and I need to book accommodation.

I think UCD is a testing centre, also read someone took it in RCSI. I have no idea if they use one venue or multiple. Might have to wait until they send out the ticket to book accommodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 cloudmed

The last 2 March sittings were in UCD Belfield in O'Reilly Hall. The last September sitting was in UCD Smurfit in the exam hall in Blackrock. RCSI used to host the exam, however they have not done so for at least the last few years AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭inca2

RCSI was definitely used as a centre for the March 2016 sitting.

inca2 wrote: »
    RCSI was definitely used as a centre for the March 2016 sitting.

Possibly for overflow? I did it in Belfield in March 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭inca2

cloudmed wrote: »
    Possibly for overflow? I did it in Belfield in March 2016.

So did I. To the best of my knowledge, both centres have been used for years. I had a couple of friends who've sat it in RCSI over the last few years. Not sure about this year though.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies, guess I'll just wait until I get confirmation from ACER. How many weeks in advance do they send out the tickets does anyone remember?

Thanks for the replies, guess I'll just wait until I get confirmation from ACER. How many weeks in advance do they send out the tickets does anyone remember?

This year they were sent on March 10th. The test was on March 25th, so around 2 weeks(ish).

cloudmed wrote: »
    This year they were sent on March 10th. The test was on March 25th, so around 2 weeks(ish).

That's not much notice! Should be able to book something around that time anyway. Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

UCD In March, Sep, March from 2016 to date.

Advertisement