Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accountancy courses in Limerick

Options
  • 28-06-2017 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭

I work in the accounts department of a large company but as I am not qualified I get a lower wage. My employer told me to find a course and he will pay to get me qualified. Does anyone know of any starting in Sept? I found one or 2 for Griffith College and the likes but I was looking for something well recognized. I work until 7 but my employer said I could finish early to go to the course. Evenings/weekends only. Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Maz2016 wrote: »
    I work in the accounts department of a large company but as I am not qualified I get a lower wage. My employer told me to find a course and he will pay to get me qualified. Does anyone know of any starting in Sept? I found one or 2 for Griffith College and the likes but I was looking for something well recognized. I work until 7 but my employer said I could finish early to go to the course. Evenings/weekends only. Thanks

Depending on the type of accounting you want to do I'd recommend going Chartered with either ACCA ACA or CIMA or CPA

If you already work at an entry Level you may have the basics so can look into the above

If you want to do basics you could look at ATI and become an accounting technician majority of accounting technicians do further study to become qualified as an accountant into one of the above

Personally I'd speak to your employer and determine which of the type of accountancy qualification (aca ACCA CIMA CPA )suits them and you best to qualify as an accountant

• Registered Users Posts: 51,222 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There are different areas as well as levels of Accountancy qualifications so you need to understand what study/qualification path you want/need to focus on. Went down the ACCA route myself back in my younger days but got bored with the long qualification road would take to earn a decent wage in my view so switched to an IT career instead.

Good luck if you're getting on that ladder and it's a good bonus that your employer is willing to financially support you on your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Thanks for the replies guys. Yes I am in a lucky position that the employer will finincially support it. I will talk to him in the next few days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Talk to the financial controller in the company as they should be able to advise you. An accounting technician course might suit you to start off with if you don't have a business / accounting degree background.

ElNino wrote: »
    Talk to the financial controller in the company as they should be able to advise you. An accounting technician course might suit you to start off with if you don't have a business / accounting degree background.

That's exactly what I did this evening and she recommended the same. I saw one advertised so she asked me get more info on it and she'd read over it for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

That sounds like a good plan. Once you have your Accounting Technician qualification you will get exemptions if you continue on to do exams for one of the other professional accounting qualifications.

ElNino wrote: »
    That sounds like a good plan. Once you have your Accounting Technician qualification you will get exemptions if you continue on to do exams for one of the other professional accounting qualifications.

That's true. Thanks very much everyone for the advice

Advertisement