Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sausages of Galway

Options
  • 29-06-2017 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

what , or where , do the people of galway consider to be the best sausage?
    what butcher i mean, none of the shop bought variety as they are almost to a sausage sh**e.

will try any recommendation if i haven't already .

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,228 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Hetreiches opposite St Nicholas' I find good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

I came here to say hetriches as well !! They are a pork butchers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I think they mean Herterich's, and I'd agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Herterich's by a country mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Has anyone mentioned Herterich's yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭smurf492

Just in case Hertriches are closed, Collerans do a lovely sausage as well as Tormeys...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

UACUrYh.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Bosupe

McGrath Family Butchers

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

McGraths in Mervue do great sausages.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭topcat77

Not in Galway city but i'd say McGeoughs by a German country mile.

http://connemarafinefoods.ie/index.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭the_galway_fry

i will try them all, 3 so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭Boggy Turf

Ostriches are good...up near market street there...

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭ingalway

The Friendly Farmer in the market on Saturday - gorgeous sausages. I buy all my meat from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,228 ✭✭✭bobbyss

ingalway wrote:
    The Friendly Farmer in the market on Saturday - gorgeous sausages. I buy all my meat from them.

Do you know if any shops sells his stuff or is it only Sat market?

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭ingalway

bobbyss wrote: »
    I know that McCambridge's sometimes sell their chickens but I don't think they stock anything else from them. The van also sells at the Moycullen market on a Friday if that is any good for you...
    Sheridan's also stock some great sausages, can't remember the name of them right now, they are usually in packs of 6 (they are very large) and they are Irish free range farm pork, I think they are 3.95. The same farm also do pork burgers which are also lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Maybe there's been mod involvement I haven't seen but if not I must commend you all for getting to two pages and not a single smutty comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

bobbyss wrote: »

Not a shop, but delivered to your door:

http://larder360.com/product

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭the_galway_fry

well not as many suggestions as i had hooped but i will try them all and get back to ye with what i think is best or rankings

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jmauel

ingalway wrote: »
    I know that McCambridge's sometimes sell their chickens but I don't think they stock anything else from them. The van also sells at the Moycullen market on a Friday if that is any good for you...
    Sheridan's also stock some great sausages, can't remember the name of them right now, they are usually in packs of 6 (they are very large) and they are Irish free range farm pork, I think they are 3.95. The same farm also do pork burgers which are also lovely.

Its Andarl farm that Sheridans stock, and I agree they are particularly good , their pork burgers are astoundingly good. And also a huge shout out for Herterichs butchers beside the market, amazing pork products. Just had their coffee smoked streaky bacon today, taste sensation ! And their sausages are amazing

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Pretty sure I saw Sausages of Galway as opening act a couple of times in the Roisin. Terrible band.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

And on a related note great to see a Galway business doing so well, they make some nice sausages too!

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/agribusiness-and-food/meat-processor-loughnane-s-is-poised-to-buy-rival-rudd-s-1.3142266?mode=amp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

And on a related note great to see a Galway business doing so well, they make some nice sausages too!

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/agribusiness-and-food/meat-processor-loughnane-s-is-poised-to-buy-rival-rudd-s-1.3142266?mode=amp

Not surprising. Loughnanes by now must easily be the largest producer of sausages in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

the south african chap in the market will sell you some of his boer sausage ,and if you ask nicely some of his amazing chilli mix. different but delicious.

Advertisement