Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus vs Air Canada Rouge to Toronto

Options
  • 29-06-2017 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Wondering if anyone has any opinion on which carrier is better for flights to Toronto from Dublin? Prices seem to be similar enough and both fly frequently, so really I'm just wondering about reliability, overbooking, and comfort.

I think these are the only 2 carriers direct non stop from Dublin but if anyone has any other suggestions please fire away. Or even if you think a flight from Dublin to Heathrow and then BA to Toronto would be better?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

I just flew that route with Rouge; it was fine. No personal screen, you download an app and can watch the shows they have using that. They were all old films and shows though!
    Service was good and the meals were OK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

Havent flown with Rouge, but my mother has when she comes to visit. All of the rentable Ipads were given to business class, so she had no movies to watch while flying back to Dublin. Aer Lingus I have found to be appalling to deal with on this side of the water, never had an issue with them when booking from Ireland, but just beware that it is incredibly difficult to get on the phone with them from abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Flown with both and found Aer lingus to be better. Going trans Atlantic and expecting to rent out ipads to watch some old movies is crazy, wake up Rouge.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Air Canada mainline will take the route back from Rouge on 29 October. Both them and Aer Lingus will by A330 aircraft so service levels won't be that difference.

Advertisement