Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Police Clearance from Australia

Options
  • 29-06-2017 8:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have just applied for my visa to Canada and they have given me until the 17th of July to submit my documents including police checks.

I was wondering if anyone has applied for a police check from Australia and if so how long did it take? It says on the website 15 business days but that won't be enough time.

I feel stupid for not having this sorted before applying, I emailed the Canadian embassy asking if they can extend the time for me to submit my documents.

Has anyone got a police check from Aus before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

I have done it twice in Australia. Costs about $42 and it gets sent to you via email. I can't remember the lead times. The 2nd time I did it through a 3rd party that did all the checks and I thin kit came in the mail within a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Apply via website, its around 35 euro. They will send you a receipt to say you have applied. Normally takes 2/weeks. I hadnt enough time bit the Canadian visa site accepts the receipt and then you forward on the actual police certificate at a later date upon there request. Just upload the PDF receipt you recieve via email after applying

Advertisement