Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Format

Options
  • 29-06-2017 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭

Can we have an open discussion on the new Feedback format?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Thanks for posting kneemos. This has already been suggested but as I said then, we should give the new structure time to be used before opening a free-for-all discussion on it.

If you have your own specific feedback that you'd like to give here, that is more than welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Don't want to be negative but it seems to me ye are shooting yourselves in the foot by not allowing full and frank open discussion on all aspects of the site,it's something most companies welcome and actively encourage.

I know it was being trolled,but closing down Feedback only hands them a victory surely and encourages them to pop up elsewhere. Quite surprising you all took so long to notice.

Anyhoo.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

You're right in that closing a forum in this way seems like a step in the wrong direction - we are a discussion forum after all but it was a last resort. It was being heavily trolled and taking up way too much time to sift through the trolling to get to the real feedback. It was taking a heavy toll on people's time and energy without any real positive counterbalance.

With this change we're funnelling the feedback from users who are sincere and genuine about it (whether that's positive or negative feedback) away from the clamour of voices who tended to chime in on all and any feedback threads for the chance of a bit of stirring or trolling.

I would hope that we can re-open it at some point in the future but for now we're using this model.

Advertisement