Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

To upgrade or not (5DMarkIV)

• 29-06-2017 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    I am debating whether to upgrade my 5DMark3 to a 5DMark4. I have enquired about the cost of it and it will cost be approx €1000 but I will get a free Canon battery grip (BG-E20 Battery Grip wirth €350- canon offer) if I do. I needed a battery grip.
    What do you guys think? Is it worth it? I am an amateur photographer who does it as a hobby.    
    Thanks,

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

is your camera holding you back in any way that the new one will solve?

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

No, it is not. I don't know if it is better to keeping upgrading as I go, or just to upgrade when I need to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Will you take better pictures? (answer: probably not).

Don't assume that a machine with all of the newest gadgetry is going to make a better photographer of you...that's just manufacturer's hype.

If you're happy with your current camera and you know how to use it, I'd stick to your present set up until things start falling off it.... ;-)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i'm still using a DSLR i bought secondhand probably seven or eight years ago, a nikon D300. the camera still outperforms me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I was using a D300 until I found I would prefer to get away from flash when possible and moved to full frame for the high ISO performance. Got the D800 about six years ago. Sent it in for a service this year but no plans to change. It has a good sensor and fits the glass I need. Don't use most of the stuff that's on it now, so no need for any more.

I have ordered a new strap for it as the original one has worn out.

Unless there is something amazing on the new release stick with what is working.

• Advertisement
Advertisement