Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Launch of Green Party campaign for Dublin Greenways Network

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

i would not have any reason to describe money spent on the luas as 'a black hole'?

Hasn't it gone way over budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Chuchote wrote: »
    The funding was in place for this and other greenways and Shane Ross diverted into the black hole of the Luas building, in an act of… umm… genius… umm…

Would be a good reason why the cycle path wouldn't go through, then.
    tomasrojo wrote: »
    I always thought StepaShane's prioritisation of the Luas works was keeping one eye on an early election. The Green line runs through his constituency.

(Not that I begrudge the Luas money; it just shouldn't have been diverted from cycling.)

Don't think it was budget as such - it was an issue of TII staff being redirected from the greenways to the Luas. I've never heard of it being over budget.

And I don't think Ross did any particular prioritisation - it was all in progress long before he got to Dept Transport.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,612 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

there was a discussion recently on the commuting & transport forum; apparently it's on budget with a caveat that all accounts are not in, if i understood correctly.

My mistake; my impression was that the Luas scheme had run out of money. What is TII, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

What is TII, please?

http://www.tii.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Don't think it was budget as such - it was an issue of TII staff being redirected from the greenways to the Luas. I've never heard of it being over budget.

Thanks! Yeah, that chimes with my recollection.
    And I don't think Ross did any particular prioritisation - it was all in progress long before he got to Dept Transport.

My recollection is that Ross redirected the TII staff from the cycleways to the Luas. But I'm a bit hazy on that.

Indo piece quoting a report that large areas of the Luas route (ie, of the city) may be "inaccessible" to cyclists:

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/i-had-to-make-the-two-most-difficult-calls-in-my-life-us-tourist-on-the-moment-his-wife-died-in-kerry-cycle-accident-35885922.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

P_1 wrote: »
    I'm interested in seeing the results of that architectural competition to find a solution to the Deep Sinking.

What was that about?

There seems enough room either side of the deep sinking to make a decent path.

Advertisement