Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

March 2018 Baby Club

• 29-06-2017 11:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭

Is there a thread for us yet? I'm due on the 1st! how is everyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭carleigh

Hi Michellie,

I'm a couple of days after you, March 3rd. First timer here. I've an early scan at the EPU next week, so I am feeling very anxious. I had alot of nausea last week and some discomfort, but feeling fine this week. I don't know which is worse, having the symptons or getting worried when they have passed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

carleigh wrote: »
    Hi Michellie,

I'm a couple of days after you, March 3rd. First timer here. I've an early scan at the EPU next week, so I am feeling very anxious. I had alot of nausea last week and some discomfort, but feeling fine this week. I don't know which is worse, having the symptons or getting worried when they have passed!

Congratulations! This is my 2nd but feels like my first as it's been 9 years since I was pregnant! I've had no nausea (didn't on my first either) only symptom I have is sore boobs!!

I had my doctor visit last week. I'm wondering when I will get a letter from the hospital for my scan!

michellie wrote: »
    Congratulations! This is my 2nd but feels like my first as it's been 9 years since I was pregnant! I've had no nausea (didn't on my first either) only symptom I have is sore boobs!!

I had my doctor visit last week. I'm wondering when I will get a letter from the hospital for my scan!

You too! I had my doctors visit last Friday and the letter was sent off so I'm also waiting. But seeing as I am quite anxious about anything going wrong, she has referred me for an early scan late next week. I'm in a heap since I found out. We are totally delighted, I'm just terrified of anything going wrong. I think I need to start thinking positively, as the doc said at this stage if anything were to go wrong there is nothing I could have done to prevent it. So fingers crossed :)

I had to tell my manager in work already though. We had to travel with work on Tuesday and I was feeling very nauseous, so I had to confess to her! She's letting me take the whole day off for my scan next week, so she is already being very supportive.

How is everyone today? I got a call from the secretary of the consultant I've been assigned to in the hospital so I'm delighted to know who's care I'm under. Told her we're going on holidays when I will be 13 weeks so she said she will book me in for the clinic when I'm 12 weeks :)

Have had loads of cramping today but my boobs aren't sore anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭hollymartins

I'll tentatively join this group, I had BFP earlier this week. I feel okay, some cramping and I felt light headed this morning but that may have been due to the dull and endless meeting I had to sit through.

I contacted Holles St semi private this morning and I mentioned my preferred consultant and she said they're booked up until the end of September so I'm not sure if I'll have to switch to someone else ðŸ™

• Advertisement

I'll tentatively join this group, I had BFP earlier this week. I feel okay, some cramping and I felt light headed this morning but that may have been due to the dull and endless meeting I had to sit through.

I contacted Holles St semi private this morning and I mentioned my preferred consultant and she said they're booked up until the end of September so I'm not sure if I'll have to switch to someone else ðŸ™

Welcome!! Do you know your due date?

I've also felt light headed during the week, normally after work-before dinner.

I am just going public again, under the care of the same consultant from my first pregnancy 9 years ago! Just can't wait for my first scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭hollymartins

Welcome!! Do you know your due date?

I've also felt light headed during the week, normally after work-before dinner.

I am just going public again, under the care of the same consultant from my first pregnancy 9 years ago! Just can't wait for my first scan.

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure I've lost it as I've been bleeding since yesterday and passed some tissue this morning. I experienced a mc two years ago so I know the signs. It wasn't meant to be but hopefully it'll be my time again in the near future. I hope all of your pregnancies go smoothly and you enjoy it :)

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure I've lost it as I've been bleeding since yesterday and passed some tissue this morning. I experienced a mc two years ago so I know the signs. It wasn't meant to be but hopefully it'll be my time again in the near future. I hope all of your pregnancies go smoothly and you enjoy it :)

Oh god, I am so sorry to hear that. Thinking of you during this time. Please take care of yourself x

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dublingaa

Hello ladies,

So I got a positive test this morning! My heads a little in a spin and dont know really when Im due ? when I go to the doctor? Do you calculate from the first day of your last period???

Havent a clue
    :confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭Sono

dublingaa wrote: »
    Hello ladies,

So I got a positive test this morning! My heads a little in a spin and dont know really when Im due ? when I go to the doctor? Do you calculate from the first day of your last period???

Havent a clue

Congrats! Far from an expert on this myself but you have that right first day of your last period.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately I will be leaving this thread also as I've suffered a miscarriage. Wishing everyone a healthy and happy pregnancy :)

carleigh wrote: »
    Unfortunately I will be leaving this thread also as I've suffered a miscarriage. Wishing everyone a healthy and happy pregnancy :)

I am so sorry to hear that, I hope you're doing ok x

dublingaa wrote: »
    Hello ladies,

Havent a clue

If you know the first day of your last period google "due date calculator" and you'll find it. You can book into the doctor now to get the ball rolling and decide what care you want.

We are currently @ week 7 and the suspense is killing me, find it hard to actually believe until I can physically see the baby. We are having a scan @ 8 weeks ourselves just for peace of mind. Personally I think 12 weeks before seeing your baby is very long. Best of luck to everyone on here due in March.

Sono wrote: »
    We are currently @ week 7 and the suspense is killing me, find it hard to actually believe until I can physically see the baby. We are having a scan @ 8 weeks ourselves just for peace of mind. Personally I think 12 weeks before seeing your baby is very long. Best of luck to everyone on here due in March.

I got my scan date today it's the 18th of August, happy with that because I am going on holidays the next day!! Have a doctor check up next week so hopefully we will be able to hear the heartbeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I got my scan date today it's the 18th of August, happy with that because I am going on holidays the next day!! Have a doctor check up next week so hopefully we will be able to hear the heartbeat.

How far will you be at gp appt? Mine don't check heartbeat with doppler before 16-18 weeks as it can be very difficult to find which can cause more worry, just be prepared for that! I don't think any gp looks for it before 14 weeks, ime anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

I think I can join this forum now. Got a faint positive yesterday evening and another This morning. I'm 13 dpo today but had spotting the last 4 days so fingers crossed that has stopped today. I think due date would be 28th march approx. So exciting!!!

How far will you be at gp appt? Mine don't check heartbeat with doppler before 16-18 weeks as it can be very difficult to find which can cause more worry, just be prepared for that! I don't think any gp looks for it before 14 weeks, ime anyway.

I'll be 10 weeks then. They did on my first daughter and we did hear it so hopefully we will !

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Chel1989

Hello Everyone

Did a positive test last week and have my doctors appointment tomorrow! Think I will be due March 17 (if I'm calculating correctly) this is my first baby so reading and learning lots now! Really excited to tell people but it's still a little early I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ron_Swanson

Hey gals, I am due in March too - 17th same as you Chel!

This is my 3rd pregnancy and my 2nd is still a baby so I am a teeny bit nervous but mostly really really happy! I have had a mild bit of nausea but eating small meals often is helping...

Hope you are all feeling great and excited

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Hi all, also due around the 17th March I think. Took a test last weekend. Not been to doctor yet. TBH it's a complete shock as was using contraception and wasn't even planning on having a baby or at least not for the time being. I was actually going to book in for one of those ovarian reserve tests a few weeks ago, just to see if I could put it off another while, the irony! I know nothing about pregnancy so have been reading up on it all week, my head is spinning. No symptoms yet apart from a nose like a bloodhound!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Tiat Young

Joining you girls..... First baby. Got a very very faint first response test on the 14th. Went to doctors on Wednesday and due date 18th March. No nausea or anything other than bloating. Hope it stays that way! Few of us due 17th/18th. Loads of Paddy's babies :)

First scan on Tuesday, to say we are nervous would be putting it mildly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

That's so exciting Sono. Best of luck!!

Blingy wrote: »
    That's so exciting Sono. Best of luck!!

Thanks a lot, still hard to believe it but will hopefully all become real after Tuesday!

Great excitement, Is it a private scan? Mine is on the 18th August. Feels so far away!

Great excitement, Is it a private scan? Mine is on the 18th August. Feels so far away!

Yeah a private scan, we just can't wait till the 12 weeks it would drive both of us crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 missperoxide

Hi all, I'm 8 weeks on my first baby. Thrilled but very nervous at the same time. I've had a visit to my GP for confirmation and I've to go back to her at 12 weeks and the have a scan at 20 weeks.

This seems like a very long time for a scan...should I go private to get one before then??

Symptom wise - nausea, exhaustion, sore boobs, light headed at times, inability to concentrate at work!!

all advise appreciated!! Xx

Hi all, I'm 8 weeks on my first baby. Thrilled but very nervous at the same time. I've had a visit to my GP for confirmation and I've to go back to her at 12 weeks and the have a scan at 20 weeks.

This seems like a very long time for a scan...should I go private to get one before then??

Symptom wise - nausea, exhaustion, sore boobs, light headed at times, inability to concentrate at work!!

all advise appreciated!! Xx

12 week appointment is usually at hospital to do bloods, meet midwife, history, scan, etc, later appointments which include a scan are also usually at hospital, did she definitely say those appointments are with her? Did you get your little white booklet which lists when gp/hospital appts are?

• Advertisement

Hi,

The 12 week apt is definitely with her. Then at 20 weeks, a scan at the hospital. She's taken bloods for me before and I've nominated her and a doctor at the hospital so no mid wife as such.

I got a letter from the hospital confirming my apt in October but there was no booklet to record apts. I thought his would follow but I should get on to them to send it I suppose.

I'm going public, does that make a difference? I'll happyily pay for a private scan as we are excited to see whats going on. Seems far too long to wait :(

I've gone public two years ago and am going public again, midwife led unit, you say you've no midwife so maybe that's the difference? I thought all 12 week appts were in the hospital so I'm no help there. I got the white booklet both times when confirming pregnancy with gp but again the system yours are doing seems to differ so I'm no help on that either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Not everyone gets a booklet. It alll depends on where you are. I didn't get one. Different hospitals do things differently as well.

If I was you I'd definitely get a private scan earlier. It really sets your mind at ease in the early days.

I think I will just go ahead and book one if only to ease my worries.

Thanks for the help! Feels great to talk to others in the same boat :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

Jumping in from Feb thread. I am going public on the midwife scheme in Holles St, my first appointment is in a health care center and I don't get a scan.

A friend is in the same boat and going to the Rotunda, she got a scan at 12 weeks. It really varies on each place. I got a private scan at 8 weeks, it was a great thing to do. Have first midwife appointment next week, can't wait to hear the heartbeat again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 wifey2017

Hi girls hope ye are all well :) i got a positive last week and this is my second baby my little boy is 3since april so fingers crossed for all going for a fast amd smooth pregenacy

• Advertisement

Had the 8 scan last night and it was bloody crazy, hearing the heartbeat and everything, blew me away to be honest. Baby is only 1.85cm at the min but you could still see it. All became very real last night!!

Ooh that's so exciting. I phoned my doctor and the only reason I wasn't getting a scan until 20 weeks is because I'm going public. I've booked myself in for a private scan next Friday just to ease my mind and I cannot wait!!! Here's to healthy and happy pregnancies ladies :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

Officially confirmed myself and the O/H are joining the March club.

We're due twins on March 17th.

Ooh that's so exciting. I phoned my doctor and the only reason I wasn't getting a scan until 20 weeks is because I'm going public. I've booked myself in for a private scan next Friday just to ease my mind and I cannot wait!!! Here's to healthy and happy pregnancies ladies :D

That's a bit of a pain. I couldn't wait until 20 weeks. I'm public and I'm in Waterford and I have my 12 wk scan booked through the consultant as a public patient. Roll on the 18th August!! Time is going so slow. How's everyone Feeling?

Tiredness is still hanging around, boobpain has also made a come back. Evening sickness isn't as bad though!

Anyone else have a blocked ear and nose Feeling? I swear I had no symptoms on my daughter. I'm getting them all now!!

Officially confirmed myself and the O/H are joining the March club.

We're due twins on March 17th.

Twins!!! Wow how exciting and on paddy's day :):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

Twins!!! Wow how exciting and on paddy's day :):)

Yeah, as has been discussed here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057765567

I still can't get my head fully around it, nor can my wife.

My truckin days are over :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Can now join the clan, first child expected on March 31st next year :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭guideanna

Hi all,
    And congrats everyone!! I'm going to be in the April group (when it starts haha) so forgive me for butting in here (i'm only out by 2 days according to my dates)

Anyways….i'm bit annoyed.
    Rang Holles st to book in, my first scan is not going to be until i'm 15weeks!!!
    I'm away the week of the first date she gave me (13wks) but instead of go back she went forward and i'm sorry 15weeks is wayyyy too late for me.

I had a missed miscarriage in 2015 and didn't find out until the 12 weeks scan so i'm very on edge to make sure this pregnancy is viable asap.
    Hoping i can get a referral from my doc for an early scan later this week but if not am i seriously expected to wait until 15weeks? This is too long to wait.
    Do u think if i rang back and asked them to move it they would?

I know i can pay to get a private scan but why the hell should i. Pregnant women should be able to be seen to for scans whenever they feel the need. I learnt that the hard way! I'm so anxious now it's stressing me out here!

guideanna wrote: »
    Hi all,
    And congrats everyone!! I'm going to be in the April group (when it starts haha) so forgive me for butting in here (i'm only out by 2 days according to my dates)

Anyways….i'm bit annoyed.
    Rang Holles st to book in, my first scan is not going to be until i'm 15weeks!!!
    I'm away the week of the first date she gave me (13wks) but instead of go back she went forward and i'm sorry 15weeks is wayyyy too late for me.

I had a missed miscarriage in 2015 and didn't find out until the 12 weeks scan so i'm very on edge to make sure this pregnancy is viable asap.
    Hoping i can get a referral from my doc for an early scan later this week but if not am i seriously expected to wait until 15weeks? This is too long to wait.
    Do u think if i rang back and asked them to move it they would?

I know i can pay to get a private scan but why the hell should i. Pregnant women should be able to be seen to for scans whenever they feel the need. I learnt that the hard way! I'm so anxious now it's stressing me out here!

I think if you ring them and explain what you said to us they will move it forward or maybe get you into the early pregnancy unit. No point in waiting weeks and weeks making yourself sick with worry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭guideanna

Thanks. yea thinking about it i may as well ring and try. Like i know the maternity services are so over crowded and everything is at maximum capacity but it's just too one to wait IMO.

I went in at 12 weeks last time and came out with a broken heart and having to schedule a D&C for the following week because pregnancy stopped developing weeks earlier….something which could have been detected at an early scan.

Don't mean to scare anyone i just had a bad experience so i'm very fearful for first trimester.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Tiat Young

Got my first hospital apt the other day for the 4th Sept. I will be 12weeks 1day. There is a place in town that does scans so I've booked one for when I will be 9 weeks. Just for peace of mind and I'm too impatient to wait until 12 weeks.

Also nausea has kicked in big time!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Jbubs

Jumping in from Feb thread. I am going public on the midwife scheme in Holles St, my first appointment is in a health care center and I don't get a scan.

A friend is in the same boat and going to the Rotunda, she got a scan at 12 weeks. It really varies on each place. I got a private scan at 8 weeks, it was a great thing to do. Have first midwife appointment next week, can't wait to hear the heartbeat again.

Have you had your appointment yet? I'm public with holles street and my first appointment is in Pearse Street medical centre.
    Is this where yours was?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

Jbubs wrote: »
    Have you had your appointment yet? I'm public with holles street and my first appointment is in Pearse Street medical centre.
    Is this where yours was?

Had it today. I live out towards sandyford so had my appointment out there. Couldn't find the heartbeat with the doppler so was sent in for a scan. All good thankfully. I think your appointments are based on where you live.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Jbubs

Glad your appointment went well.
    I've a private early scan today so looking forward to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

15 weeks is taking the piss particularly when you've had a loss before. Ring again and try and get it moved back or get an early scan scheduled with EPU.

If you can afford it though private scan at ~8 weeks is well worth it for the reassurance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement