Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2018 Baby Club

191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Sono wrote: »
    Wife has gone mad cleaning the house today, did anyone else experience this and if so how close to going into labour did this happen for you? Thanks!

We went to a 4-hour information course at the hospital a couple of weeks ago where they went through all the signs and symptoms to watch out for in the weeks running up to birth, birthing options, hospital tour etc...

The need to clean the place was one of the signs that birth wasn't too far away... Seems to be a tried and tested sign!

My wife begins her maternity leave tomorrow. Her last day of work! She's looking forward to getting a bit of rest. The commuting is getting a little bit tough on her the past few weeks (she'll be 36 weeks on 2 March). She has a 50 minute train followed by a 15 minute bus. Seemed to be compounded that she could never get a seat on the bus! No manners these days it seems. Everyone staring into their screens or at the floors!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Had a 37 week scan today. Gave it a miss. Not letting the OH out in that. But I did hear that all out patient exams were cancelled today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Waters broke at 1am on the 1st march on our due date. Our little beauty arrived at 5.14am on the 2nd March. 8lbs 11oz.

We're besotted with her, a little placid doll, the delivery was tough on me and I've been quite sick but I'm coming around now thank god after a blood transfusion today.

Our little snow baby :) we were blessed to get to hospital before the weather got too bad. And because of the weather and me being so sick hubby was able to stay with me. Can't express how great the staff in Waterford were enough, hero's!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Sono

michellie wrote: »
    Waters broke at 1am on the 1st march on our due date. Our little beauty arrived at 5.14am on the 2nd March. 8lbs 11oz.

We're besotted with her, a little placid doll, the delivery was tough on me and I've been quite sick but I'm coming around now thank god after a blood transfusion today.

Our little snow baby :) we were blessed to get to hospital before the weather got too bad. And because of the weather and me being so sick hubby was able to stay with me. Can't express how great the staff in Waterford were enough, hero's!!

Congrats that’s fantastic, you sound so happy and why wouldn’t you be, glad to hear it all went well.

Due day tmw for us, plenty of signs that it’s getting close but we will just have to wait until he/she is ready to come out.

Best of luck to everyone on here this month!

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Hi ladies. I was in the April club and due on the 2nd but have been scheduled for a C section for next Wednesday due to breech and low predicted weight. I'm 36 weeks but they are predicting my little one is only 4lbs 5 or so. Hoping everything is ok and she's just a small baby.

• Advertisement

40 weeks plus 1 here, not a lot happening for us, the wait goes on!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 missperoxide

Sono wrote: »
    40 weeks plus 1 here, not a lot happening for us, the wait goes on!

Sono, I feel your pain, we’re in the same boat. Due Monday but no sign of baby yet. Booked for a sweep next Thursday but praying for it to happen by itself before then. Literally no signs at all!! So hard to stay patient and not be upset! ðŸ˜

Sono, I feel your pain, we’re in the same boat. Due Monday but no sign of baby yet. Booked for a sweep next Thursday but praying for it to happen by itself before then. Literally no signs at all!! So hard to stay patient and not be upset! ðŸ˜

Drive ya mad!!

But sure look once everything is ok that’s the main thing, just have to be patient!

Best of luck with everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 missperoxide

Once baby is ok then yes all is grand. 😊 I’m trying acupuncture this evening, anyone tried that? If it doesn’t work, at least it will get me out of the house for awhile 🀞🀗

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Eireog1

41 weeks today! booked in for an induction on Monday so at least the end is in sight. I'm feeling nervous about the birth but hopefully it wont be too bad! I'm walking and drinking raspberry tea and trying to get things moving themselves but this baby doesnt want to go anywhere! Starting to get sick of all the enquires of anything stirring yet!

• Advertisement

Eireog1 wrote: »
    41 weeks today! booked in for an induction on Monday so at least the end is in sight. I'm feeling nervous about the birth but hopefully it wont be too bad! I'm walking and drinking raspberry tea and trying to get things moving themselves but this baby doesnt want to go anywhere! Starting to get sick of all the enquires of anything stirring yet!

At least you have your day, we are 40 plus 5 and no stirring our end either, back into the hospital on Monday so hopefully we get a date to come in as well.

Best of luck!

So we went into hospital on Sunday evening at 830pm and baby was born yesterday at 2:30pm, a little girl we had and everyone is doing well, what an amazing experience it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Congrats Sono, Mrs Sono and little Sono.

Well done Sono, delighted for you.

This last week has slowed right down!!! Due Sunday but I dont think anything will happen. OH is just sleeping a lot. Seems to be tight and uncomfortable.

Well our due date has come and gone!

Well our due date has come and gone!

Is this your first CD? I wish you both all the best of luck with it.

Our little one was in ICU and special care unit until today so she’s with us now at home, very overwhelming the whole week.

She’s fast asleep on my arms here happy out. I’m on the night feeds so I better buckle up!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Our little one was born Friday morning with a c section. We were kept in until yesterday.

Everything is going well enough and now my little daughter is asleep on my chest as I type this. ðŸ˜႒

+5 days now. Another check up today. Booked for induction next Wednesday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

My little princess born yesterday. 6 1 and all healthy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Congrats to everyone so far. Hope they're all doing great x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Chel1989

Hi Everyone, my son was born on the 15/03/18 smooth labour with no complications �� I am now breastfeeding and have blocked milk ducts/mastitis anyone else in the same boat? I had surgery for a broken collarbone December 2016 on the side with all my problems thinking my surgery may be having some affect on how my milk is flowing? Anyone got any experience with the same situation?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

There is a breastfeeding support thread in the newborn and toddlers section, might be of help to you.

Mr California Dreamer born at 20:02 last night! All is well! Sooooooooo happy!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Our son was born on 16 March! A day before Paddy's day. Due date was 30 March, but at the final scan, docs recommended going in and being induced, so we headed to the hospital that afternoon. A happy and healthy little fella just shy of 9 lbs (8 lbs 15.9 oz).

It was a hectic few weeks at the beginning getting used to the new normal, but he's one month old yesterday and things are somewhat getting into a routine. The lack of sleep is hard to get used to, but we're delighted that he's finally here :)

Advertisement