Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vauxhall NCT

• 29-06-2017 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, i bought a 2010 vaxhaul corsa privately, with a northern irish reg, a local mechanic told me that i would need to have the security code for the car to pass NCT, when i went to the nearest vaxhaul garage to obtain the code, they have notified me that i cannot get the code until the address on the license matches that which is on the car, however i cannot put the car in my name until i have the VRT paid, which in turn needs the car to be NCT'd, does anyone know is there any way of retrieving the code without going to the garage or if you can pass the NCT without the security code, or another way around the issue?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,051 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

You need to pay the VRT first, then when it has an Irish registration you then apply for the NCT.

There's no code required for the NCT, was he talking about the code to unlock the stereo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You don't need to pass a regular NCT to pay VRT. NCTS take care of the VRT inspection etc. which is probably where the confusion is coming from.

You don't need a radio code or indeed a radio to pass an NCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 adcrossan

that's perfect, thanks guys!

Advertisement