Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Evening wedding guest attire

• 29-06-2017 1:17pm

Hi,

looking for some advice.
    I have been invited to the evening part of a wedding, at the start of august.
    I don't really want to go and buy something to wear. black

I have what I consider to be, a nice enough dress that I could wear, but it is black.

Would it be ok to wear to a summer wedding in the evening? I was thinking I could use bright accessories to lift it a bit

I'm really not sure, so would appreciate some thoughts.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Wear it. I would not be buying anything new for an evening invite to a wedding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Yeah I wouldnt invest too heavily for an evening invite. The day guests will be likely too pissed to notice and most of the photos etc will already have been taken.

If you like your black dress, wear it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Black is definitely fine for an evening invite!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Wear it. I was at a wedding last summer and a woman showed up in an all black jumpsuit, it looked incredible. Really classy and stylish. Nothing wrong with a black outfit and its easy to style and accessories because everything goes with black.

Thanks a lot, ladies. I really appreciate the advice.

I'll wear it and rock it :)

( so delighted I dont have to go and buy something bright )

• Advertisement
Advertisement