Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel AC Boston Scientific Half Marathon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,299 ✭✭✭ariana`

Was the date changed? According to my most recent Irish Runner mag it's listed under August 13th? I was planning to do it, gutted now if it's on Aug 20th as it doesn't suit :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

ariana` wrote: »
    Was the date changed? According to my most recent Irish Runner mag it's listed under August 13th? I was planning to do it, gutted now if it's on Aug 20th as it doesn't suit :mad:

I'm the opposite- though I wouldn't be able to do it, now I can :)

Maybe it changed because on the R'n'R half in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dcorcaigh

ariana` wrote: »

yes the original date was the 13th but the date had to be changed due to stonethrowers rally on in Clonmel that weekend and people will always come out second best in a head to head with a rally car!!

dcorcaigh wrote: »
    yes the original date was the 13th but the date had to be changed due to stonethrowers rally on in Clonmel that weekend and people will always come out second best in a head to head with a rally car!!
    Good reason to change in fairness :eek: but it can't say i'm not disappointing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

And now the rally has been cancelled!

• Advertisement

julyjane wrote: »

so i see, that's sad news for whoever follows Rallying but the date cant and wont change now, its staying on the 20th

julyjane wrote: »

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

is all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Great race and superb route, save some for last few miles, there's a bite in it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭deisedude

Signed up today. Looking to have a crack at beating 1:40 for the first time

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭noelearly

Looking forward to this on Sunday, have done the last 2. Weather has been brilliant on those occasions but i see rain forecasted at the weekend.

If anyone would like to pull me along at 1.25m pace id be delighted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

noelearly wrote: »
    Looking forward to this on Sunday, have done the last 2. Weather has been brilliant on those occasions but i see rain forecasted at the weekend.

If anyone would like to pull me along at 1.25m pace id be delighted.

I've belatedly thrown my hat into the ring for this. Prep hasn't been ideal as I've been eating and drinking for Ireland last couple of weeks. What do you mean by 1.25m? I hope to try 4min kilometres so just a few seconds under 1hr25mins. No guarantee that I'll hold that pace mind.

Record entries for the race this year and in fact, it sold out last night. that's 800 entries, fantastic for the club. No on the day registration.

Bring on Sunday now, really looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,998 ✭✭✭opus

Itziger wrote: »
    I've belatedly thrown my hat into the ring for this. Prep hasn't been ideal as I've been eating and drinking for Ireland last couple of weeks. What do you mean by 1.25m? I hope to try 4min kilometres so just a few seconds under 1hr25mins. No guarantee that I'll hold that pace mind.

Might see you there, won't be running that pace mind you :)

My current thinking is to see if I can stick with the 1:30 pace group which is by no means certain :o

Sorry yeah i meant a 1hr 25m if all going well. The first 2 is a gradual climb so keep a bit in store. I see we have a hurricane on the way so targets might be optimistic on my behalf. It would a 7 minute pb for me. I'll probably be wearing a St Catherines Ac running top so if you want to push me up a hill anytime I'll be grateful

Sorry yeah i meant a 1hr 25m if all going well. The first 2 is a gradual climb so keep a bit in store. I see we have a hurricane on the way so targets might be optimistic on my behalf. It would a 7 minute pb for me. I'll probably be wearing a St Catherines Ac running top so if you want to push me up a hill anytime I'll be grateful

Hmmm, uphill and hurricanes....... Might join the Opus gang myself.

Hmmm, uphill and hurricanes....... Might join the Opus gang myself.

Nah you'd be bored ;) I ran that 4min/k pace at parkrun earlier on, was fine for 5k but think I'd have run into problems over the following 16!

Great little race. Pleasantly surprised with 1.23.35. Met NoelL after a few km and we ran the rest of it shoulder to shoulder. Very enjoyable. Only negative was the ould fella who beat me in the end in my category. Don't know if he cost me a few bob or not!

Great little race. Pleasantly surprised with 1.23.35. Met NoelL after a few km and we ran the rest of it shoulder to shoulder. Very enjoyable. Only negative was the ould fella who beat me in the end in my category. Don't know if he cost me a few bob or not!

Ah Jesus are you serious if anybody deserved to win a category it was you. You pulled us both up that hill. Delighted I met you fantastic running strong as an ox and encouragement the whole way.

Cheers lad

Delighted with my time enjoy the rest of the holiday.

Congrats to you both, good running!

Bit slower myself but half expected that, good event as always, glad to see it's getting the success it deserves with it being full beforehand for the first time this year.

Nice to bump into you Itziger, will be a while again no doubt :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭deisedude

Great event. Really enjoyed it and a 5 min PB to boot!

• Advertisement

Ah Jesus are you serious if anybody deserved to win a category it was you. You pulled us both up that hill. Delighted I met you fantastic running strong as an ox and encouragement the whole way.

Cheers lad

Delighted with my time enjoy the rest of the holiday.

Noel, I think you're over-estimating my niceness!! I was trying to break ye on that bleeding hill, not pull ye up behind me.

As I feared your man pipped me to the O50 second spot. Should/could I have been more ambitious with a mile to go??

I really enjoyed the miles where we were running together. I prefer to run like that rather than being behind a fella. I always feel like I'm hanging on when I'm in the slip stream, unless there's a strong headwind of course.

Noel, I think you're over-estimating my niceness!! I was trying to break ye on that bleeding hill, not pull ye up behind me.

As I feared your man pipped me to the O50 second spot. Should/could I have been more ambitious with a mile to go??

I really enjoyed the miles where we were running together. I prefer to run like that rather than being behind a fella. I always feel like I'm hanging on when I'm in the slip stream, unless there's a strong headwind of course.

Haha in fairness you very nearly did "break me" had a good 5 yards on me. I thought the other lad was goosed with a quarter mile to go myself but course knowledge on the last roundabout seem him go straight threw whilst we stayed tight to the curb, he got ahead there and kicked on.

Really enjoyed that half so much easier than slogging it out on my own. See you in Valencia 2018. You can break me there.

Advertisement