Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machine for burying electrical cable

Options
  • 29-06-2017 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

I want to run some power to a shed and plan on burying the cable.

I want to lay a conduit around 1 or two feet deep so I can run some Cat6 cable through it as well and be confident that it won't be disturbed by normal gardening.

The problem is that I need to run it under 40 metres of lawn which would be backbreaking work to do manually.

I cannot get a mini digger on site, is there any small machine that can just cut a slice into the lawn so I can lay the conduit and fold the gap closed again once I get the conduit in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

You could mole it. Basically a hole is dug at both ends and a pneumatic mole is pushed through followed by your pipe. Use the biggest pipe you can I know your only running Cat5 but best to leave room for future services

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭carbonceiling

Thanks Luckysasha, I'll google it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

I want to run some power to a shed and plan on burying the cable.

I want to lay a conduit around 1 or two feet deep so I can run some Cat6 cable through it as well and be confident that it won't be disturbed by normal gardening.

The problem is that I need to run it under 40 metres of lawn which would be backbreaking work to do manually.

I cannot get a mini digger on site, is there any small machine that can just cut a slice into the lawn so I can lay the conduit and fold the gap closed again once I get the conduit in?

I presume you are aware that you cannot run power and data in the same conduit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

That's why I was advising him to run as big a duct as possible. He can put the Cat5 in a sub duct and still leave room for future expansion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Why don't you get a micro mini digger they'll fit through a 700mm wide doorway even surely you can get that to the lawn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭carbonceiling

Thanks guys,

I'll get the measuring tape out, but I'm not sure if a mini digger would fit. there is a tight corner to negotiate and then six steps to get down to the lawn

Advertisement