Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wear and Tear to look out for

Options
  • 29-06-2017 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭

Hi all,

I've just moved out and my landlord has been in touch stating that the new tenants noticed the bed in my room was sort of caved in and they were hesitant about it, and asked did I notice this.

The short answer is yes, but it wasn't something I was aware I should be flagging (silly me, I know). The bed came with the place, and has been in use for a number of years (i'm going from the way the mattress was etc and the creakiness of the bed when I got it, it was hardly new)- a couple before me. When I got it, I put a thick foam topper on it and slept towards the side as I sleep in weird positions any way.

I don't know if it's me that should be paying for this, and I want to help if I am genuinely liable, but I did think that they accounted for wear and tear. In my previous experience renting, the landlord replaced the mattress or fixed the slat on the bed.

I just would like perspective on what wear and tear is on the bed/mattress? And what I should be doing to help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Nothing, it's fair wear and tear. Insist on full return of deposit

Advertisement