Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i convert audible files to listen to on my mp3 player while swimming

Options
  • 29-06-2017 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I'm having a lot of trouble with this.
    I have a Sony mp3 player that use while swimming and would like to convert audible audiobooks that i have to play on this device.

Unfortunately the audible download manager doesn't have my sony device listed in their dropdown for supported devices.

Still, it must be possible to convert these aa files to play back on my mp3 player.

Any advice.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Hi
    I'm having a lot of trouble with this.
    I have a Sony mp3 player that use while swimming and would like to convert audible audiobooks that i have to play on this device.

Unfortunately the audible download manager doesn't have my sony device listed in their dropdown for supported devices.

Still, it must be possible to convert these aa files to play back on my mp3 player.

Any advice.
    Thanks

What format are the files in now?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭breadmond

Audible use a proprietary format so it's not straightforward. This guide http://www.wikihow.com/Convert-Audible.Com-Audiobooks tells you how.
    It's definitely against Audible's terms of service but shouldn't be illegal as long as you don't share the files with anyone else. You own the Audiobooks already, you're just converting them to another format

Advertisement