Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New bin charges

• 29-06-2017 3:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,298 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone have a clue what is going on here?

I paid for unlimited lifts for a year (€180) but that is due to expire August, so now I got an email from greyhound to say my service will auto renew on 1st August for €250, no detail whatsoever about what this cost will cover.
    Anyone have any advice about who to go with?

I think only options in my area are greyhound, thorntons and possibly Panda.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

gmisk wrote: »
    Anyone have a clue what is going on here?

I paid for unlimited lifts for a year (€180) but that is due to expire August, so now I got an email from greyhound to say my service will auto renew on 1st August for €250, no detail whatsoever about what this cost will cover.
    Anyone have any advice about who to go with?

I think only options in my area are greyhound, thorntons and possibly Panda.

Put back until September now. I really wish the govt would keep out of this. Similar to the housing crisis they are just creating chaos and tooing and frowing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,815 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Donal55 wrote: »
    Put back until September now. I really wish the govt would keep out of this. Similar to the housing crisis they are just creating chaos and tooing and frowing.

its time for us to move on from the efficient market hypothesis, its a bust!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

I got an email from AES saying my bill was going down as a result of the changes. On a flat rate,

If they decide to change to pay by weight/lift then that will take effect from the end of my current contract.

Donal55 wrote: »

Frances Fitzgerald said "Autumn" in the Dail today. FF intend to introduce a private members motion in the Dail next week calling on the government not to change anything until a regulator for the industry is established. If passed, this whole mess will be booted down the road yet again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Is there anywhere online where we can see a comparison for prices? I'm looking at the Greyhound €18.50 a month plan switching from Panda but no one is listing prices, new or old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,298 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

fixxxer wrote: »
    Is there anywhere online where we can see a comparison for prices? I'm looking at the Greyhound €18.50 a month plan switching from Panda but no one is listing prices, new or old.
    I dont think so.
    But i talked to Thorntons and they are €16.50 a month

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭swardy1

Maybe cheaper @ €16.50 but they have capped your MONTHLY pickup allowance at 40KG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,298 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

swardy1 wrote: »
    Maybe cheaper @ €16.50 but they have capped your MONTHLY pickup allowance at 40KG
    Cheers, I went for that plan, I looked at past weights and not gone over 35kg in a month before.

Advertisement