Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home heating automation

1149150151152153155»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭deezell

No, it works away as normal. Tado HW is timer only, the cylinder stat will interrupt a timer call when set temperature is reached.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Brilliant, just an FYI, Tado support emailed to say it's not compatible with my system!!

If you have a two independent zone system, with seperate zone valves to switch the flow for HW and CH, then its a direct replacement. If there's an existing wired thermostat (optional connections shown on the wiring box diagram you posted), this is simply turned up, or removed and linked, either in the wall or across the wiring box CH Thermostat terminals.

Even if your system was a gravity system the Tado can be configured to give "1½ zone", with HW only or CH with HW.

The only incompatibility with EPH is if your HW Thermostat is an EPH wireless one, but the R27 is just a simple two zone wired controller. I assumed your cylinder stat is wired, if it were wireless it would have to have it's own receiver independent of the R27, but I'm not familiar with an EPH version of this, just the EPH Ember wireless controller which directly recives EPH wireless cylinder stat signals. This controller is not completely compatible with Tado, or a all other controller receivers, and would require either the installation of a wired cylinder stat, or leave the Ember in situ to provide HW stat live supply while moving CH over to the Tado. Thems the scenarios in Ember replacements where an Ember wirelesscylinder stat was fitted

Have no idea why they said that tbh. Hopefully get it installed later and see how it goes, as long as there is hot water for showers etc then it's all good. Only use the CH sporadically and usually only for an hour or two here and there as we have a stove too

If you mentioned stove heat source in the configuration questionnaire it might have thrown them. Work away and enjoy, safety first with mains wires.

• Advertisement

Didn't mention the stove at all!!!

Ah ill be sound, I put the Eph system a few years back myself. Plumbed the house too when I built it 20 odd years ago

@deezell installed and came on to hear water this morning. Next to try and get google home to turn it on by voice for am hour

Advertisement