Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HomeGuard Alarm

Options
  • 29-06-2017 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

How can I change my password on my HomeGuard Scopetronic Alarm? I have the engineer code.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Yes, what appears on the screen when you put in the engineer code?

If it is a C then happy days.

Once C is on display.

Get a screwdriver and loosen the keypad screws.

Be careful not to completely loosen them as they are awkward to put back.

Then press 16 your new code ( 4 digits ) then *.

Tighten the screws.

Press 0 *.

Try old code, nothing should happen.

Try new code, something should, if it starts arming just put the code in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cassidyc

Hi, I tried that but my old code is still working. Any other ideas? Should the housing around the keypad be completely loose? Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Cassidyc wrote: »
    Hi, I tried that but my old code is still working. Any other ideas? Should the housing around the keypad be completely loose? Thanks
    It has to be open enough to show keypad tamper.
    After you enter engineer key in 38*
    The keypad will scroll through an open zones etc.
    You should see Tr in that sequence. When you do then enter 16 new code *
    If accepted the keypad will flash Co
    If not accepted it will display CE.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

My suggestion is buy a new panel that one hasn't been up to the proper standard in year's and your insurance company will NOT pay out if you have a break in and you have a panel that does not comply with the standards.

Advertisement