Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storing Chicken breasts that are just gone off

• 29-06-2017 6:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Best way to store them prior to returning to shop for refund.

I opened a a 3 pack of chilled chicken breasts that I had just bought, in order
    to freeze them as individual pieces. But you could smell they were gone off.

As I wont be back in the shop for 2/3 days, I just put the whole pack in a bag
    and tied it up and put it in the freezer.

I thought this was best thing to do to stop them stinking the fridge out later.

Is this ok and will shop mind them being returned frozen.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'd have frozen them too - although the shop might not even want them back. Still, better to be prepared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I'd have frozen them too - although the shop might not even want them back. Still, better to be prepared.

thanks, I was afraid just bringing the wrapper back they might think I was
    pulling a fast one. :)

Advertisement