Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Francis Brennan's Grand Tour of Vietnam (RTE1)

Options
  • 29-06-2017 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭

Vietnam-home.jpg

Francis was on the road again, this year he took his posse to Vietnam (starts RTE1 Sunday 9th July 2017 at 8:30 pm)

Francis Brennan is back on tour again this summer and taking 12 paying guests on the surprise trip of a lifetime - to Vietnam!

Francis has planned a three-thousand kilometre trip - kicking off in Hanoi, Vietnam's capital city, before heading west to the idyllic rural retreat of Mai Chau. From there they travel northeast to cruise around the magical islands of Halong Bay, then south to Ho Chi Minh City - notorious for its seven and a half million motorbikes, before heading west to the home of the famous Cu Chi tunnels. The tour continues further south to the Mekong Delta, before taking in the floating markets of Can Tho City.

With a new group in tow, ranging from 23 to 80 years old, Francis will have his hands full putting together a jam-packed 24/7 itinerary to suit all ages - and with the tropical climate of Vietnam, let's hope it doesn't dampen their spirits!

Francis Brennan's Grand Tour of Vietnam is a brand new 6-part series, airing on RTÉ One, beginning Sunday 9th July 2017 at 8:30 pm

http://www.rte.ie/tv/francisbrennansgrandtour/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Really looking forward to this. loved his India one - maybe because I had been to a lot of the places he went

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

This starts tonight at 8.30pm

(Repeated on Saturday at 1.20pm)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

The Garda fella....bit of head wreck.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The Garda needs to be more adventurous in every way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

washiskin wrote: »
    The Garda fella....bit of head wreck.....:rolleyes:
    Absolute pain in the hole :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 dirty old anorak

Was it just me or did the 22 yo girl look older then 22 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Caprica

An enjoyable start to the series. I agree about the Garda, he needs to lighten up and just enjoy himself. The two grannies are well travelled in Europe, 34 trips to Medjugorje.

It's kinda funny that they keep saying '12 paying guests', I would have assumed that they would at least have gotten the holiday paid for. Is that the way all shows work or just an RTE thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

jesus that guard lad needs to cop on a bit. the big dopey head on him. must be something wrong with him.

Caprica wrote: »
    It's kinda funny that they keep saying '12 paying guests', I would have assumed that they would at least have gotten the holiday paid for. Is that the way all shows work or just an RTE thing?

The guests do have to pay for this show, which is unusual.

Not sure how much they paid this time, but this was last year's cost (when they went to India)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98985604&postcount=1870
    Francis is raring to go - all he needs now are some holidaymakers to join him!
    We want to hear from you if:
    1 You are available to travel from Thursday 12 May to Sunday 22 May 2016 inclusive
    2 Hold a valid passport
    3 Are over 18 years old
    We are particularly looking for people who have never travelled outside of Ireland, or have very limited travelling experience. Whatever your special reason, convince us why you should be considered for this adventure!
    The special price for this unique trip including flights, transfers and accommodation on a B&B basis is €700 per person based on 2 people sharing (single room supplement applies). Booking terms and conditions apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I know one of the guests - she had to pay €800 for the trip.

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    I know one of the guests - she had to pay €800 for the trip.

Nice one, has she any exclusive gossip or revelations for us? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Dunno, haven't spoken to her since she got back. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Skid X wrote: »
    The guests do have to pay for this show, which is unusual.

Not sure how much they paid this time, but this was last year's cost (when they went to India)

It was €850 per person.

I would love this tour, I would find it hilarious.

"The kill wasn't as clean as I would have liked"

Not the sort of quote you generally get from a participant on this kind of show.

Someone in Television needs to commission 'Francis Brennan's Better Vietnamese Weddings' !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Enjoying this so far. I liked the way that the ones who went to the 'B & B' had a great night. Really seemed to do them good to break up the group a bit. Mind you the hotel looked really nice as well.

Vietnam looks a lot better than India did.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Will Francis find Kurtz up river?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

RobertKK wrote: »
    Vietnam looks a lot better than India did.

Oh, you nean the lastsreies. Looks fab alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

They've really camped it up big time this year. That priest guy doing the drag act "Twirly bassie"...nearly wet meself watching it. The group this year are mad, perfect mix up for anything.

kingtut wrote: »
    It was €850 per person.

I'd have though the least you'd be getting was a free trip :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

road_high wrote: »
    I'd have though the least you'd be getting was a free trip :eek:

That's actually not too bad with everything organised for you. I'd love to go away with Francis but I'd baulk at being on the telly! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Not finding this series as good at all...all seems very scripted and people trying to be funny for the sake of it..even Francis is trying to get as many innuendo remarks as he can...all seems a bit to much like a carry on movie.

harr wrote: »
    Not finding this series as good at all...all seems very scripted and people trying to be funny for the sake of it..even Francis is trying to get as many innuendo remarks as he can...all seems a bit to much like a carry on movie.

I think it's more so they've picked the contestants to be like that...ones in last series were more ordinary joe soaps I think, these seem specially picked to act the way they wanted!

Aglomerado wrote: »
    That's actually not too bad with everything organised for you. I'd love to go away with Francis but I'd baulk at being on the telly! :D:D

There's no way I'd pay money for Francis Brennan to boss me around though!!

miece16 wrote: »
    jesus that guard lad needs to cop on a bit. the big dopey head on him. must be something wrong with him.

I did think there's something not 100% with him actually...try the bloody food, it's fantastic in Vietnam and actually very easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭4Ad

harr wrote: »

Pure childish ****e altogether..I only looked at some of it as I wanted to see Vietnam, which is a beautiful country..
    Why would you let Francis boss you around and treat you like a child and let them film it and put it on national television ???

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Minnie Snuggles

4Ad wrote: »
    Pure childish ****e altogether..I only looked at some of it as I wanted to see Vietnam, which is a beautiful country..
    Why would you let Francis boss you around and treat you like a child and let them film it and put it on national television ???

Maybe because he has put six months meticulous planning for a trip where other participants had absolutely nothing to do only turn up at the airport and allow themselves to be entertained, educated and have a good time.

You see it as being treated like a child, I see it as someone who has put a great deal of effort to taking a number of strangers on a trip of a lifetime and trying find something on that trip that will to please everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Also there is the little matter of how the show is edited. We don't see a fraction of what happens on any trip, just the bits the production people want us to see.

Advertisement