Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brooks Racer ST5 - Alternatives?

Options
  • 29-06-2017 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭

These guys have served me well over the last couple of years.....getting a new pair of racers and debating whether to re-up on the ST5's or go for a different, possibly lighter, shoe....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

For what distance, I never really regarded the ST5 as a racer in the pure sense, I did use it as a marathon shoe several times. (I did have 8 pairs though).

It's been directly replaced by the Asteria, I haven't used those - yet.
    I've replaced the ST5 with a combination of the Adizero Boston for mid mileage and the Adiós for the marathon, both very comfortable, but a little narrower and I'm up a half size on both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

Yeah they've been my first and only racer so far. I was definitely thinking of something a little lighter for some of the shorter/mid distances, but unsure about changing for the marathon. 8 pairs eh!? How long/what distance would you of gotten out of each pair?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

healy1835 wrote: »
    Yeah they've been my first and only racer so far. I was definitely thinking of something a little lighter for some of the shorter/mid distances, but unsure about changing for the marathon. 8 pairs eh!? How long/what distance would you of gotten out of each pair?

I'm pretty strict once I get to about 400 miles, they get moved to the grass and trails and once over 500 they go to shoe heaven.

Actually 7 pairs and a pair of ST4's, last pair will get the voluntary euthanasia treatment pretty soon, a great shoe.

35238257960_9d70c107f7_o.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Similar to BB I have had several pairs of the ST5s and have moved recently to the Asteria, it's a good shoe.
    If you are looking for a racing shoe the T7 is not too bad. I have used them in IMs/Marathons without issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Ron Scott

I also moved to the Asterias from the ST-5, very happy, they are gonners after 320 miles though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

Thanks for all the posts :) went with the Adios Boost in the end.....Parcel Motelling their way to me as we speak....

Advertisement