Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ruger 10 22 sub

Options
  • 29-06-2017 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭

Quick one. Put in a sub for 10 22 against my cz 452. Both are .22lr. Fo came back and told me it can not be licenced as it has to be capable of only taking 5 rounds. Is this right? Then said i may apply for a restricted cert. Legal capacity not 10 for rifle and 5 for pistol

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Uinseann_16

If you are a member of the nargc or countryside alliance ring them and tell them they will give you advice and probably ring your FO and put them straight about the magazine capacity . it is 10 rounds for rimfire rifles 5 for pistols the FO is pulling the p!ss as far as i see it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

If you are a member of the nargc or countryside alliance ring them and tell them they will give you advice and probably ring your FO and put them straight about the magazine capacity . it is 10 rounds for rimfire rifles 5 for pistols the FO is pulling the p!ss as far as i see it

Thanks sir. Rfd i purchased it off is going to make a call. Didnt want to be too pushy myself as i would not like to get on the wrong side of the FO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Your FO has no idea what he is talking about, it is not his decision to make. you do not need a restricted licence.
    If you have problems ring the firearms department in garda hq phoenix park and they will set him straight.
    He is thinking about the law for pistols...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 314 ✭✭Walter Mittys Brother

Thanks sir. Rfd i purchased it off is going to make a call. Didnt want to be too pushy myself as i would not like to get on the wrong side of the FO.

Call from RFD should sort it if not and if your in NARGC contact Chris Cavigan.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Any joy with this?

In case you need it SI 21/2008 as amended by SI 337/2009 with SI 391/2015 being the relevant one for pistols.

Just for quick reference sake:
    S.I. No. 21 of 2008

FIREARMS (RESTRICTED FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION) ORDER 2008

Order may be cited as the Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008.

4. (1) Firearms other than those to which subparagraph (2) relates are declared to be restricted firearms for the purposes of the Act:

(2) This subparagraph relates to the following firearms:

(c)(ii) single-shot, repeating or semi-automatic rim-fire firearms designed to fire rim-fire percussion ammunition and with a magazine having a capacity of not more than 10 rounds,,
    The SI specifically says a semi auto rimfire with a mag capacity of 10 rounds or fewer is NOT restricted.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Quick one. Put in a sub for 10 22 against my cz 452. Both are .22lr. Fo came back and told me it can not be licenced as it has to be capable of only taking 5 rounds. Is this right? Then said i may apply for a restricted cert. Legal capacity not 10 for rifle and 5 for pistol

I don't like giving out about the Gardaí but for fcuk sake, what sort of training do they get in Templemore to be coming out with this bullsh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

thanks for all your help lads, got sorted got a phone call yesterday morning to say all is in order

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

BattleCorp wrote: »
    what sort of training do they get in Templemore to be coming out with this bullsh1t.

I don't think they get any

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Betimes ,you as the gun owner have to educate your local FO on whats what.:P

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement