Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to switch to EBS

• 29-06-2017 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm looking to switch to another bank and according to an online compare website EBS is recommended as there are no / low fees. My current bank have a high cross border fee, high current account fees and as of last week have informed me they are limiting cash withdrawals from the cashier to 2.5 hours a day. If you need cash (large amounts not available from the ATM) you have to go for a drive for at least 15mins to the next bank. This is cost cutting, as confirmed by the bank manager when I asked him.

So my question's are;

1. Does anyone use EBS, how do you like their service, any disadvantage?
    2. Can you recommend a bank that is better than EBS?

Thank you in advance.

Will.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If you are looking to withdraw large amounts of cash (beyond what you can get from an ATM) then your choices are going to be very limited as you will clearly need to be a customer of a bank that has a branch that's a reasonable distance away.

So you need to state your exact requirements and roughly where you live before posters start giving you a shopping list of banks that may not even have branches in or near where you live. I can see Cork in your handle but that's a big county.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭will.in.cork

Coylemj great comments.

Coylemj great comments.

Tel us what your requirements are in terms of cash and it might be helpful to say which banks have branches in the area so posters can comment on their services, fees & charges, opening hours etc.

You highlighted in your first post that you'd need to drive 15 minutes to obtain cash beyond what you can withdraw from an ATM - will this be a problem for you and if so, what levels of cash do you need to withdraw?

More info please on what you want from a bank.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

An Post is rolling out a current account in the next few months. Fiver a month fee I believe. Their extensive branch network may suit your needs.

Quackster wrote: »
    An Post is rolling out a current account in the next few months. Fiver a month fee I believe. Their extensive branch network may suit your needs.

And the fact that most of them close for lunch (typically from 1:00 to 2:15) will be a major attraction. Not forgetting the long queues on dole, childrens allowance and pension days.

And don't talk to me about the Irish mammies sending food parcels (Tayto, Barry's Tea etc.) to their children in foreign parts and having a big chat about it with the postmistress.

• Advertisement
Advertisement