Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billing error

Options
  • 30-06-2017 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hi

I purchased and moved in new house in Feb. The house is a new build and the meters etc installed through the builders. We decided to go with EI for both Electricity and Gas. When we signed up I gave the meter readings etc to the person signing me up. We had a number of issues initially trying to set up the gas account and at one point there was even confusion over whether the metre was installed at all. 

The first bills issued electricity bill correct, however the gas bill issued with incorrect meter reading, I called up and was explained the situation to the rep, he told me a new bill would issue with the amended meter reading, this has not happened and have since been issued with my 2nd bill.  What can I do to rectify this situation as the precious call nearly 20/25 minutes was fruitless. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi kkapp,

Sorry about this inconvenience.

We can look into the matter for you (and liaise with the relevant department if necessary) if you send us a private message confirming one of the Electric Ireland account numbers, stating that you are the account-holder and confirming your name, address and date of birth.

We will respond as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Una

Advertisement